This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"The Melissa Throw is a great Tunisian crochet throw project to take your Tunisian crochet colourwork skills up a notch! This is a large project that allows you to master changing colours whilst keeping your gauge even, resulting in an amazingly looking piece of home décor that is to be cherished for years to come. To create this beautiful Tunisian crochet throw you will need to master (or already know) these stitches and techniques: Chain, Tunisian crochet technique (alternating forward and return passes), Tunisian simple stitch (tss), Tunisian crochet colourwork, Tunisian simple stitch bind-off, blocking."
Crochet HookL/11 or 8 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge14 sts x 9 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4”) over tss
Finished Size105.5 cm x 140 cm (approx. 41.5” x 55”)
- We Crochet Brava (100% Acrylic | Worsted weight | 100 g (3.5 oz) = 199 m (218 yds)), (#) Almond 5 skeins (A), (#) Gingerbread 5 skeins (B)
- Tunisian crochet hook size 7.0 mm with cable (at least 79 cm (31”)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Tapestry needle
Read NextSquare Upon Square Throw
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
When you hear the term "granny square afghan," you usually think of a bunch of regular sized granny squares stitched together to form… Continue reading: "All For One Giant Granny Square Afghan"
- Square Upon Square Throw
- Stellar Patchwork Crochet Blanket
- Summer Breeze Throw
- How To Crochet Blanket With Three Rows At A Time
- Finger Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Comforting One-Color Crochet Throw
- Amish Multicolor Throw
- Ridiculously Easy Crochet Afghan
- Evergreen Crochet Throw
- Staying Home Crochet Blanket
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Super Easy And Quick Crochet Blanket Pattern With One Row Repeat
- Candy Floss Blanket
- Crochet Diagonal Raised Stitch Blanket
- Modern Mitered Crochet Baby Blanket
- C2c Large Daisy Crochet Blanket
- C2c Sunshine Crochet Blanket
- C2c Chevron Crochet Blanket
- Seamless Solid Crochet Circle To Granny Square Pattern
- C2c Little Penguin Crochet Blanket
- C2c Skull Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions