We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
This Flavorful Fruit Crochet Throw may remind you of a summer picnic with fresh colorful fruit and whipped cream treats. With its bright fuschia, mango, and green stripes in between stripes of white, this free crochet afghan pattern will put you in the sweet summertime mood you've been searching for.
This blanket even has a ruffled edge that makes it stand out even more. It's an easy pattern, so any crocheter will enjoy working it up on a chilly night in anticipation of bright sunny days to come.
1. When instructed to work into a stitch or space "2 rows below", work into the row numbered 2 less than the current row. For example, if you are working Row 5, a stitch "2 rows below" is in Row 5 – 2 = Row 3.
2. To change color, work last stitch of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete stitch. Proceed with new color.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge2 shells = 4” (10cm) in pattern; 7 rows = 4” (10 cm). CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Finished Size45" X 55" (114.5 X 139.5 cm)
- RED HEART® With Love®: 4 skeins 1303 Aran A, 1 skein each of 1701 Hot Pink B, 1252 Mango C, and 1601 Lettuce D
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 5mm [H-8 US]
- Yarn needle
Colorful designs and patterns fill this free crochet eBook to create a rainbow of free crochet afghans for all ages. Brighten your day by getting a copy here: Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans free eBook
With B, ch 152.
Row 1 (right side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook, *skip next 2 ch, 5 dc in next ch, skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch; repeat from * across; change to A, turn—Twenty-five 5-dc groups and 26 sc.
Row 2: Ch 2, dc in first sc, ch 1, sc in center st of next 5-dc group, ch 1, *beg cross-st, ch 1, sc in center st of next 5-dc group, ch 1; repeat from across to last sc, 2 dc in last sc, turn—24 cross-sts and 25 sc.
Row 3: Ch 3, 2 dc in first dc, sc in next sc, *5 dc in ch-1 space of next cross-st, sc in next sc; repeat from * across to last 2 dc, skip next dc, 3 dc in top of beginning ch-2, change to C, turn—Twenty-four 5-dc groups, two 3-dc groups, and 25 sc.
Row 4: Ch 1, sc in first dc, ch 1, skip next 2 dc, cross-st, ch 1, *sc in center st of next 5-dc group, ch 1, cross-st, ch 1; repeat from * across to last 3 dc, skip next 2 dc, sc in top of beginning ch-3, turn—25 cross-sts and 26 sc.
Row 5: Ch 1, sc in first sc, 5 dc in ch-1 space of next cross-st, *sc in next sc, 5 dc in ch-1 space of next cross-st; repeat from * across to last sc, sc in last sc; change to A, turn— Twenty-five 5-dc groups and 26 sc.
Rows 6 and 7: Repeats Row 2 and 3; change to D in last st of Row 7. Repeat Rows 4-7 changing color in the following sequence: [2 rows each of D, A, B, A, C, A] 8 times, then 2 rows D.
With right side facing, join A with slip st in first sc to work across st of last row; ch 3, 6 dc in same st as join, *skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc, 6 dc in next sc; repeat from * to last sc, 7 dc in last sc; working down long side and in ends of rows, **sc in space between next 2 B rows, 6 dc in sc of next color row, skip next color row;** repeat from ** to Row 1, 7 dc in the base of the first sc of Row 1; working across opposite side of foundation chs of Row 1, ***sc in loop below next 5-dc group, 6 dc in loop below next sc; repeat from *** to last loop, 7 dc in last loop; working up 2nd long side and in ends of rows, repeat between ** and ** to last row; join with slip st in top of beginning ch-3.
- (SPECIAL) Beginning Cross-stitch (beg cross-st)
- Dc in space after the sc and before the next 5-dc group one row below, ch 1, dc in space before the same sc and previous 5-dc group.
- (SPECIAL) Cross-stitch (cross-st)
- Dc in next ch-space after next sc two rows below, ch 1, dc in chspace before same sc.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Simply Seashell Crochet Blanket Pattern
Keeping it Classic Crochet Afghan Pattern
Caramel Whirl Easy Crochet Blanket
Arrow Stitch Afghan
Hygge Happy Crochet Throw Pattern
There You Go Crochet Throw Blanket
Starry Nights Throw Pattern
21 Crochet Bobble Blanket Patterns
Good Vibes Crochet Blanket
Rustic Romance Cable Throw
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions