Crochet Fireside Throw Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This crochet fireside throw blanket will look so beautiful this fall. The colors remind me of an autumn sunset or a warm fire burning in the fireplace. I love to use crochet items that are useful to help bring the colors of the season into my home decor. This blanket is made using the block stitch that has been slightly modified. In the past, when I have crocheted the block stitch, alternating the yarn colors every other row left a ton of yarn ends to be weaved in. Therefore, while I love the look of the block stitch, the sewing in of the yarn ends made me veer away from this beautiful stitch. Carry the Yarn up the Side of the Blanket! Yup, no more weaving in tons of yarn with each color change. It was not easy to figure out."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeApproximately 16 stitches per 4 inches. The pattern is worked in multiples of 3 plus 1.
Finished SizeThis throw is approximately 34 inches wide X 44 inches long.
- 3 Skeins of Yarnspirations Caron Simply Soft Sunset Autumn. There will be some left over. Total yarn needed 670 yards.
- 4 Skeins of Yarnspirations Caron Simply Soft Off White. There will be some left over. Total yarn needed 1,245 yards.
- Size H Crochet Hook
- Yarn needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beautiful Beginner Crochet Throw
- Starry Nights Throw Pattern
- Double the Fun Reversible Crochet Afghan
- Summer Breeze Beachy Throw Pattern
- Duchess of Cambridge Crochet Blanket
- Foolproof Afghan
- Butter Mints Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Shady Grove Crochet Blanket
- Amish Multicolor Throw
- Crochet One to Two Skein Throw
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet 12-point Star Blanket
- Soothing Stripes Stroller Blanket
- Diamond Wave Pattern | Crafting Happiness
- Timeless Lacy Shell Crochet Blanket
- Simple Inspiring Crochet Blanket
- Crochet Fireside Throw Blanket
- Cozy Man Cave Throw
- Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- Winter Holiday Season Colors Granny Square Afghan
- Chic Colorful Granny Square Throw
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions