This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
Crochet Fireside Throw Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This crochet fireside throw blanket will look so beautiful this fall. The colors remind me of an autumn sunset or a warm fire burning in the fireplace. I love to use crochet items that are useful to help bring the colors of the season into my home decor. This blanket is made using the block stitch that has been slightly modified. In the past, when I have crocheted the block stitch, alternating the yarn colors every other row left a ton of yarn ends to be weaved in. Therefore, while I love the look of the block stitch, the sewing in of the yarn ends made me veer away from this beautiful stitch. Carry the Yarn up the Side of the Blanket! Yup, no more weaving in tons of yarn with each color change. It was not easy to figure out."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeApproximately 16 stitches per 4 inches. The pattern is worked in multiples of 3 plus 1.
Finished SizeThis throw is approximately 34 inches wide X 44 inches long.
- 3 Skeins of Yarnspirations Caron Simply Soft Sunset Autumn. There will be some left over. Total yarn needed 670 yards.
- 4 Skeins of Yarnspirations Caron Simply Soft Off White. There will be some left over. Total yarn needed 1,245 yards.
- Size H Crochet Hook
- Yarn needle
Read NextMarjorie Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make a granny square pattern that is truly fit for royalty. With a big crochet flower, The Royal Parlor Granny is elegant and pretty.… Continue reading: "The Royal Parlor Grannyvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easiest Crochet Chunky Blanket Quick Christmas Gift Idea
- Family Crochet Throw Blanket Pattern
- Easy Crochet Christmas Blanket
- Easy To Make One Row Repeat Crochet Blanket
- Candy Kisses Blanket
- Cluster Stripes Variation Section
- How To Make A Crochet Slab Blanket
- Abimal Blanket
- Crochet Cat Applique With Starting Chains
- Corner To Corner Triple Crochet Baby Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions