Basic C2c Chunky Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This crochet pattern is for a basic, chunky, beautifully textured corner to corner afghan. Worked in two strands of worsted weight yarn (or one strand of chunky weight yarn), this cozy afghan works up fairly quickly. My afghan is worked in a solid color, but you could use some Caron Cakes yarn (or similar) for an easy, colorful afghan, or change colors as you see fit. For my blanket, I used about 8.33 (1/3) Skeins of Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in the Ivory colorway (two strands held together). In it's place, you could use one strand of chunky/bulky (#5) yarn. Take a gauge. If you don't mind a slight difference in measurements, gauge isn't essential. You could even go up a hook size, and use super bulky yarn for a larger blanket. This afghan took me just over 11 hours to work up."
Crochet HookM/13 or 9 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge11 DC by 6 Rows = 5″ by 4.5″
Finished SizeOne Size
- 2960 Yards of Worsted Weight Yarn – I used about 8.33 (1/3) Skeins of Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn in the Ivory colorway
- M13/9mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions