- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Tropighana Crochet Blanket Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Get ready for the summer tropics with this Tropighana Crochet Blanket Pattern. The tropical pattern is the perfect summer crochet idea you've been waiting to work up after winter and spring. Blues for the ocean and sky, bright pink for the colorful beachwear and sunburn, yellow for the summer sun, and tan for the sandy beach make this crochet pattern ideal for your next trip to the pool or beach. Bernat Yarn Patterns' Yarnspiration wants you to enjoy your summer in style, if you can put your hooks down, that is!
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge12 dc and 6 rows = 4 [10 cm].
Finished SizeApprox 48 x 60 [122 cm x 152.5 cm].
If you love the Tropics, find more tropical afghan patterns in our collection of 17 Tropical Summer Crochet Afghan Patterns!
- Bernat® Super ValueTM (7 oz/197 g; 426 yds/389 m)
- Main Color (MC) Mushroom (53009) 2 balls
- Contrast A Peony Pink (53417) 1 ball
- Contrast B Bright Yellow (00608) 1 ball
- Contrast C Aqua (53201) 1 ball
- Contrast D Hot Blue (53725) 1 ball
- Size U.S. I/9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch markers
- Approx = Approximately
- Beg = Begin(ning)
- Ch = Chain(s)
- Cont = Continue(ity)
- Dc = Double crochet
- Pat = Pattern
- Rep = Repeat
- Sp(s) = Space(s)
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
- Yoh = Yarn over hook
Note: When joining colors, work to last 2 loops on hook of first color. Draw new color through last 2 loops and proceed. Ch 3 at beg of row counts as dc throughout.
With A, work 2 rows.
With B, work 2 rows.
With MC, work 2 rows.
With C, work 2 rows.
With D, work 2 rows.
With MC, work 2 rows.
These 12 rows form Stripe Pattern
With A, ch 145. Mark every 25th ch for easier counting. (See chart on right).
1st row: 1 dc in 4th ch from hook (counts as 2 dc). 1 dc in next ch. *Ch 1. Skip next ch. 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. Rep from * to end of chain. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 3. 1 dc in each of next 2 dc. *Ch 1. Skip next ch. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. Rep from * to end of row. Join B. Turn.
3rd row: With B, ch 4 (counts as dc and ch 1). Skip next dc. 1 dc in next dc. *Yoh and draw up a long loop in ch-1 sp 2 rows below. (Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice - extended dc made. 1 dc in next dc. Ch 1. Skip next dc. 1 dc in next dc. Rep from * to end of row. Turn.
4th row: Ch 4 (counts as dc and ch 1). Skip next ch. *1 dc in each of next 3 sts. Ch 1. Skip next ch. Rep from * ending with 1 dc in 3rd ch of turning ch. Join MC. Turn.
5th row: With MC, ch 3. 1 extended dc. 1 dc in next dc. *Ch 1. Skip next dc. 1 dc in next dc. 1 extended dc. 1 dc in next dc. Rep from * to end of row. Turn.
6th row: Ch 3. 1 dc in each of next 2 sts. *Ch 1. Skip next ch. 1 dc in each of next 3 sts. Rep from * to end of row. Join C. Turn.
First 6 rows of Stripe Pattern are complete.
Keeping cont of Stripe Pattern, rep 3rd to 6th rows until work from beg measures approx 60” [152.5 cm], ending with 2 rows of MC. Fasten off.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jun 13, 2017
Sure. This Tropighana Crochet Blanket Pattern is very appropriate for the summer season. The basic primary colors used are very summery Talk about flowers in bloom, butterflies, bright and vibrant fabrics used for summer fashion, summer accessories and summer designs. As usual the pattern is complete with pictures and diagrams making is easy for crocheters. Cheers!
Jul 25, 2016
I really like this Tropighana Crochet Blanket Pattern, The pattern is very well written and easy to follow. I love the colors picked for this blanket and the 6 row repeat make a great mix of color designs. Thank you so much for this free pattern.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket
Using fun colors like sunshine, light country peach, orchid and other soft colors will make you feel like you're on a cloud while… Continue reading: "Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Cozy Corners Afghan
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Gia Afghan
- Crochet Tootie Fruity Stroller Blanket
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions