- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Easy as 1-2-3 Ripple Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
When you're in need of a quick crochet baby blanket, work up the Easy as 1-2-3 Ripple Blanket. This easy crochet pattern features three bright primary colors in a colorblock style, perfect for your baby or toddler at home. This crochet blanket also features a subtle ripple stitch design, making this blanket a little more interesting than your standard striped crochet blanket. Use primary colors as shown or split up your blanket however you want - you're only limited by your imagination!
Crochet HookM/13 or 9 mm hook
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge6 dc and 3 rows = 4" [10 cm]
Finished SizeApprox 46 x 46" [117 x 147.5 cm]
- Bernat® Blanket Brights: Contrast A Race Car Red (12001) 2 balls or 381 yds/348 m; Contrast B School Bus Yellow (12003) 2 balls or 381 yds/348 m; Contrast C Royal Blue (12006) 2 balls or 381 yds/348 m
- Size U.S. M/13 (9 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
With A, work 20 rows.
With B, work 20 rows.
With C, work 20 rows.
These 60 rows form Stripe Pat.
To change colors, work to last 2 loops on hook of previous strand draw new color through.
With A, ch 100
1st row: (RS). 2 dc in 4th ch from hook (counts as 3 dc). 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. (Dc3tog) twice. 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. (Dc3tog) twice. 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. *3 dc in each of next 2 ch. 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. (Dc3tog) twice. 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. Rep from * to last ch. 3 dc in last ch. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 2 dc in first dc. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. (Dc3tog) twice. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. *3 dc in each of next 2 dc. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. (Dc3tog) twice. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. Rep from * to last dc. 3 dc in last dc. Turn. Rep 2nd row for pat.
First 2 rows of Stripe Pat are complete. Cont in Stripe Pat until 60 rows of Stripe Pat have been worked. Fasten off.
Read NextDancing Waters Crochet Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Feb 01, 2017
HI Mary - You can absolutely make this with any weight yarn. It will take much more yarn, so keep that in mind. As for how many to start with, you're best bet is to work a gauge swatch to see how many stitches you get per inch in the pattern provided. Then you'll just need to do a simple multiplication to increase your starting chain. Hope that helps.
Jan 29, 2017
Can this be made with baby sport yarn and how many would be needed in the starting chain?
Feb 01, 2017
Hi Mary! Please see the above comment to help answer your question. Thanks, Krista, Editor
debbiestella 81454 93
Jan 08, 2017
I need help with the 1-2-3 Ripple Blanket Pattern. The first row won't come out right no matter what I do. Maybe I'm misreading the pattern, but I am confused about doing the (Dc3tog) twice two consecutive times at the start of row one. Shouldn't there be a 3 dc in next 2 st in between? I come out a stitch short at the end of row 1. I'm so frustrated at not getting it right. Is there a video for this pattern? Please help me.
Jan 10, 2017
Perhaps the original pattern will help. Bernat also allows for comments, so if you're having trouble, you could ask the designer. Thanks, Krista, Editor http://www.yarnspirations.com/patterns/1-2-3-blanket.html?id=200777
debbiestella 81454 93
Jan 13, 2017
Will try to do that. Thank you for giving me some help.
Dec 09, 2018
Debbie, I sent this message to Krista to let her know the pattern has an error. Hi Krista, Row 1 has an error, so the pattern does not work. The number of chains is also incorrect. With A, ch 100 1st row (RS). 2 dc in 4th ch from hook (counts as 3 dc). 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. (Dc3tog) twice. 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. (Dc3tog) twice. 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. 3 dc in each of next 2 ch. 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. (Dc3tog) twice. 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. Rep from to last ch. 3 dc in last ch. Turn. The error In the second line (Dc3tog) twice. 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. should not be there. See Lion Brand Pattern Crochet Ripple Afghan. It is the exact same pattern and I have crochet this afghan so I know it works.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Bohemian Lace Afghan
Embrace the lace and try the Bohemian Lace Afghan. Written in 3 different sizes, this lacy crochet pattern is versatile and great for… Continue reading: "Bohemian Lace Afghan"
- Dancing Waters Crochet Blanket
- Easy Everyday Crochet Blanket
- Gentle Gradient Ripple Blanket
- Lacy V-stitch Ripple Afghan
- Double V-Stitch Ripple Blanket
- Long Shell Chevron Stitch
- Shell and V stitch Ripple Afghan
- Sea Breeze Chevron Afghan
- Mystic Jade Ripple Throw
- White Chocolate Strawberry Double Shell Ripple
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Corner To Corner C2c Mini Bean Stitch Square & Rectangle
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions