The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Effortless Lacy Squares Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
As far as beginner crochet patterns go, this Effortless Lacy Squares Afghan is not only easy to follow along with but provides you with beautiful results. This crochet afghan pattern is made with the softest yarn, making it a perfect lace baby blanket for any new bundle of joy in your life. The elegant squares are made with pink and blue, along with the white filler and borders. However, you can change the colors as you'd like to make your blanket personalized for that special little someone.
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeSquare measures 4-1/2" x 4-1/2". CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size crochet hook to obtain the gauge given.
Finished Size41" x 41"
- RED HEART® Soft Baby Steps®: 1 skein each Color A (CA) and Color B (CB), 3 skeins 9600 White MC
- U.S. Size G-6 [4mm]
- Yarn needle
What’s the best way to celebrate the arrival of a new bundle of joy? Make crochet baby blankets, of course! Take a look at this collection for some of the best ideas: 12 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns free eBook
Instructions for SQUARE A:
Rnd 1: With CA ch 2; 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook; join with a sl st to first sc.
Rnd 2: Ch 4, dc in same sc as joining, ch 5, skip next sc, * v-st in next sc, ch 5, skip next sc; rep from * around; join to 3rd ch of ch-4.
Rnd 3: Sl st in first sp, ch 4, dc in same sp – rnd started; * (v-st, ch 3, v-st) all in ch-5 lp **, v-st in next ch-1 sp; rep from * around, end at **; join.
Rnd 4: Start rnd, v-st in next ch-1 sp, * (v-st, ch 3, v-st) all in ch-3 sp **, [v-st in next ch-1 sp] 3 times; rep from * to last v-st, end at **; v-st in next ch-1 sp; join.
Rnd 5: Sl st in first sp, * ch 2, [v-st in next ch-1 sp] twice, ch 2, (sl st, ch 3, sl st) all in ch-3 sp, ch 2, [v-st in next ch-1 sp] twice, ch 2 **, sl st in next ch-1 sp; rep from * around, end at **; sl st in first sl st. Fasten off.
Rnd 6: Join MC in any corner ch-3 sp. (Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in corner sp, * [ch 1, sc in next ch-1 sp] twice, ch 2, dc over the sl st into the sp on Rnd 4, ch 2, [sc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1] twice **, (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in corner sp; rep from * around, end at **; join to top of ch-3.
Rnd 7: Ch 1, work 1 sc in each st and ch-1 sp and 3 sc in ch-3 sps and 2 sc in ch-2 sps around; join to first sc. Fasten off.
Instructions for SQUARE B:
Make same as Square A using CB in place of CA.
Instructions for SQUARE C:
Make same as Square A using MC throughout.
Instructions for ASSEMBLY:
Strip 1 (Make 5): Sew 9 squares together: Square C, [Square B, Square C] 4 times.
Strip 2 (Make 4): Sew 9 squares together: Square A, Square C, Square A] 4 times.
Sew strips together: Strip 1, [Strip 2, Strip 1] 4 times.
Edging: With right side facing, join MC and work 1 rnd sc evenly around; join.
Next Rnd: Ch 1, sc in next sc TO THE RIGHT for Reverse Sc; join. Fasten off.
- (SPECIAL) v-st
- (dc, ch 1, dc) all in same st or sp
A baby blanket is an object that is cherished forever. It becomes more sentimental when it was handmade by a loved one. These are simple and fast, so you have to check them out: 40+ Quick and Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
Read NextCozy Lavender Lace Throw
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jun 25, 2018
Love this Lacy Squares Afghan for baby. The arrangement of the squares is so neat and in order and the color hues are just right. I'm sure baby will always have a good night sleep.
Mar 02, 2017
Thank you for this Effortless Lacy Squares Afghan. Most beginner pattern projects look just like that, beginner projects. So glad this one is not only easy to follow along with but provides you with a beautiful result. The pink, blue, and white colors make it a perfect gift for any baby.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Square Upon Square Throw
This stunning throw from Red Heart Yarns is perfect for using on a chilly afternoon or evening. Crochet granny squares with Red Heart… Continue reading: "Square Upon Square Throw"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions