- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Crochet Lovey Patterns: 14 Crochet Blanket Patterns for Babies
These free crochet baby afghan patterns are SO CUTE!
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
When you're thinking of working up some crochet blanket patterns for the babies in your family, it's fun to branch out and try a style that isn't as commonly seen, and that's what we have here in our collection of Crochet Lovey Patterns, 14 Crochet Blanket Patterns for Babies. We've all worked up easy crochet baby blanket patterns that are small, simple and rectangular (and they're all super cute!), but now it's time to try out another popular baby crochet pattern - the crochet lovey.
These crochet baby loveys are just as warm and soft as any other blanket, but they also feature part of a soft stuffed animal that's stitched on. Whether you have a baby blanket that's just a soft fleece rectangle that features a crochet head, feet and a tail crocheted into the border, or you have a crochet baby blanket with a little crochet head (and sometimes front paws) worked into the body of the blanket, your little ones will love it! These soft blankets will be your child's new cozy companions.
PLUS! Watch this video right below to learn the best way to weave in your ends.
Table of Contents
Fleece Crochet Loveys
Fleece loveys feature an amount of fleece for the main body of the blanket with some crochet detailing added on. Though the following patterns differ depending on the animal or creature represented or any designer flourishes, the basics are still the same.
Once you have your fleece, crochet a border around the fabric to finish it off, then make and attach little crochet feet, paws and a head, or whatever your pattern dictates. These crochet loveys are adorable.
If you like these patterns, then check out this collection full of patterns for the little ones in your life: 34 Free Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns for Boys & Girls
Full Crochet Lovey Patterns
These crochet baby loveys are more like the traditional baby blanket patterns you know and love. These baby patterns are worked up in much the same way as you would a typical crochet baby blanket except that you attach part of a little animal or creature to the baby blanket, typically somewhere in the middle or right near one of the corners.
These lovey patterns are more involved than those worked with fleece, but they're just as soft and cuddly!
For more baby afghan patterns, download your copy of our 12 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns free eBook
What's your favorite childhood memory?
Read NextHippity Hoppity Bunny Lovey
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 19, 2017
One of my fondest memories of childhood is going to the zoo with my parents and sitting on my dad's shoulders while looking at all the animals and eating cookies.
Jun 06, 2016
I love these. My son is autistic and he'd love any of them to cuddle up with and feel secure. #BestIdeaEver
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Square Upon Square Throw
This stunning throw from Red Heart Yarns is perfect for using on a chilly afternoon or evening. Crochet granny squares with Red Heart… Continue reading: "Square Upon Square Throw"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions