Crochet Lovey Patterns
14 Crochet Blanket Patterns for Babies
By: Julia Wiatr, Editor for AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Crochet Lovey Patterns: 14 Crochet Blanket Patterns for Babies
When you're thinking of working up some crochet blanket patterns for the babies in your family, it's fun to branch out and try a style that isn't as commonly seen, and that's what we have here in our collection of crochet lovey patterns, 14 crochet blanket patterns for babies. We've all worked up easy crochet baby blanket patterns that are small, simple and rectangular (and they're all super cute!), but now it's time to try out another popular baby crochet pattern - the crochet lovey. These crochet baby blankets are just as warm and soft as any other blanket, but they also feature part of a soft stuffed animal that's stitched on. Whether you have a baby blanket that's just a soft fleece rectangle that features a crochet head, feet and a tail crocheted into the border, or you have a crochet baby blanket with a little crochet head (and sometimes front paws) worked into the body of the blanket, your little ones will love it! These soft blankets will be your child's new cozy companions.
Fleece Crochet Loveys
Fleece loveys feature an amount of fleece for the main body of the blanket with some crochet detailing added on. Though the following patterns differ depending on the animal or creature represented or any designer flourishes, the basics are still the same. Once you have your fleece, crochet a border around the fabric to finish it off, then make and attach little crochet feet, paws and a head, or whatever your pattern dictates.
Full Crochet Lovey Patterns
These crochet baby loveys are more like the traditional baby blanket patterns you know and love. These baby patterns are worked up in much the same way as you would a typical crochet baby blanket except that you attach part of a little animal or creature to the baby blanket, typically somewhere in the middle or right near one of the corners. These lovey patterns are more involved than those worked with fleece, but they're just as soft and cuddly!
What's your favorite childhood memory?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Hippity Hoppity Bunny Lovey
- Caped Crusader Crochet Lovey
- Darling Elephant Crochet Lovey
- Little Bunny Lovey Blanket
- Cozy Love Bug Lovey Blanket
- You Are My Sunshine Lovey Pattern
- Puppy Dog Crochet Baby Blanket
- Magnificent Lion Crochet Lovey
- Cuddly Crochet Dinosaur Lovey Blanket
- Owl Lovey Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Simple Rainbow Chevron Crochet Pattern
- Corner to Corner Crochet Throw
- Premier Serenity Active Yarn Review
- Cheerful Channing Granny Square
- Luxurious Lace Crochet Afghan
- 14 Crochet Afghans for Mother's Day Gifts
- Bavarian Rectangle Crochet Pattern
- Effortless Lacy Squares Afghan
- Basic Crochet Granny Square
- Touch of Red Mile-a-Minute Throw