We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Berta Gilholm, from St. Petersburg Florida, is a retired and enjoying it senior citizen.
I am a mother of 2 married daughter’s and blessed with 9 Grand Children and 4 Great Grand Children who all keep me busy with anything from any crafting category. I’ve always created as long as I remember. My parents bought me all kinds of art material when growing up. I was like a sponge when it came to art and crafts and hung out with teachers and other crafty friends to hone my skills and gather knowledge. Someone was always asking me to paint, decoupage, design or needlework something for them. Idea’s would pop into my head so often I started making little notes to myself to remind me about projects to complete. My favorite craft is crochet, then sewing, beading and knitting.
When I was 4 years old a favorite Aunt taught me to crochet and I really loved it. It was difficult at first because, she only crocheted beautiful lace like articles out of fine crochet threads like doilies, bedspreads, dainty gloves, etc. By the time I was 5, I was looking for new stitches, larger hooks and fresh patterns. Like all needlework crafters I was always circulating between 4 or 5 projects at a time.
Before retiring, I worked for the city recreation department in the administrative office for children’s programs. I used to teach classes in different crafts including crochet and knitting. Children learn quickly if you give them something age appropriate and interesting to work on. Our recreation centers used to host flea markets inside and around their buildings to make money for programs. We would make things to sell like African masks, knit and crocheted articles for anyone, and crafting supplies like homemade beads or homegrown gourds for crafters like us.
I really enjoyed working with the children’s programs and it taught me a lot, especially patience but, I thoroughly enjoy being retired. I retired in 2007 and haven’t had a boring moment yet. I think senior living is the best job I’ve ever had and I have so many more projects to create that I need the time.
Berta's Patterns on AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns:
- Leftover Yarn Striped Afghan
- Taupe and Green Striped Baby Blanket
- Bulky Boucle Baby Blanket
- Flower Child Hexagon Afghan
- Strawberry, Mint and Chocolate Granny Throw
- Crocheted Christening Blanket
- Tutti Fruitti and Taupe Ripple Afghan
- Neopolitan Striped Afghan
- Boxes of Stripes Crochet Bedspread
- Striped Pillow-Ghan
- Pretty Basic Granny Square
- Fuzzghan Crochet Pattern
- Clementine Baby Blanket
- The Most Versatile Afghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Christmas Llama
- Marjorie Blanket
- Flower Medley Blanket
- Koala C2c Throw
- I'll Be Home For Christmas Throw
- Desert Cactus C2c Throw
- Fast And Easy Speckled Chunky Yarn Blanket
- Easy Rectangle Log Cabin Blanket
- Teal Waves Crochet Blanket
- Easy Football Field Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions