This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
"The Sophina Throw is a beautiful Tunisian crochet throw that helps you to master basic Tunisian crochet stitches while working up an amazing textured home décor item that will be cherished throughout cold winter months. If you haven’t tried working with super bulky yarn and a large crochet hook before, then this project is the one to entice you into the world of mahoosive yarn! Skills required Chain, Tunisian crochet technique (alternating forward and return passes), Tunisian simple stitch (tss), Tunisian purl stitch (tps), Tunisian simple stitch bind-off, using two strands of yarn at once, blocking. "
Crochet HookQ or 16mm hook
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge6 sts x 4.5 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4” x 4”) over st patt (alternated tss and tps)
Finished SizeThe final blanket measurements (blocked): 142.25 cm x 152.5 cm (approx. 56” x 60”)
- Hobbii Umami (78% Acrylic, 22% Wool | Super bulky | 150 g (5.3 oz) = 83 m (90 yds)), (#03) Mushroom 22 skeins
- Tunisian crochet hook size 15 mm (US size P/Q) with cable (at least 100 cm (40”)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Tapestry needle
Read NextCozy Corners Afghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket
Using fun colors like sunshine, light country peach, orchid and other soft colors will make you feel like you're on a cloud while… Continue reading: "Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket"
- Cozy Corners Afghan
- Ocean Paradise Crochet Throw Blanket
- Soft And Sweet Textured Velvet Crochet Blanket
- Unique Bavarian Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- 13 Basic Crochet Stitches & Patterns free eBook
- Siesta Throw
- Harbor Mist Incredibly Easy Blanket Pattern
- Onward and Upward Scrap Afghan
- Star Stitch Tutorial
- Blooming Crochet Star Stitch Blanket
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Cozy Corners Afghan
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Gia Afghan
- Crochet Tootie Fruity Stroller Blanket
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions