This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Simply Sophisticated Scarlet Crochet Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This simply sophisticated scarlet crochet throw uses the double, single, and chain stitches to complete. Crochet this beautiful heirloom blanket for yourself or to give as a treasured gift. This blanket works up to look complicated; however, it is not as hard as you may think. The crochet stitches create a light and lacy and work up so intricately with such care. Even a light covering like this one will keep you warm. This crochet pattern combines the look of crochet shell stitches with the open look of a windowpane. While this was used for this Simply Sophisticated Scarlet Crochet Throw today, I think a bit of resizing would make this a lovely lacy crochet shawl. Actually, the cotton yarn makes this throw even lighter and when paired with the lace crochet stitches, it is light enough to wind up into a lovely circle. Poppy Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blend 5 skeins, approximately 1,960 yards. Size I Crochet Hook "
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge13 stitches per 4 inches. The crochet pattern is worked in multiples of 12 plus 9. If you are not familiar with this it means. The beginning chain of 141 stitches consists of 12 X 11= 132 + 9 = 141.
Finished SizeThis blanket is long at approximately 81 inches without the fringe. I have family members that are over six-foot tall, and they appreciate longer blankets. The width is approximately 42 inches. The fringe has been trimmed to approximately 6 ½ inches.
- Poppy Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blend 5 skeins, approximately 1,960 yards.
- Size I Crochet Hook
- yarn needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Take a break from the stress of everyday life with the Restful Corner to Corner Crochet Throw. Crochet can be such a relaxing hobby… Continue reading: "Restful Corner to Corner Crochet Throw"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Zig-zag Blanket
- Easy Texture Blanket Crochet Pattern
- A Quick & Easy Modern Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Neutral Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Free Crochet Pattern: Easy To Make Blanket
- Quick One Color Blanket Pattern
- How To Make A Baby Crochet Blanket Pattern
- How To Crochet A Blanket With Extended Half Double Crochets
- Easy Crochet Filet Blanket
- Understanding Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions