- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
How to Crochet: Crocodile Stitch Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Learn everyone's favorite stitch with the How to Crochet Crocodile Stitch Tutorial. The crocodile stitch is a fan favorite for a reason it's so unique! This stitch looks like crocodile scales or even, if you have a good imagination, like dragon scales. Any crochet blanket would look amazing made out of this creative crochet stitch. There are quite a few on this site and all you need is a hook and some worsted weight yarn. The yarn used in the video is a variegated yarn with rainbow colors, which produces a fun effect with the crocodile stitch.
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
The crocodile stitch is such a unique stitch, it brightens up even the most simple of accessories. Whether you use it to add a few rows here and there to a baby blanket for some added texture, or you use it to make a crochet baby blanket in its entirety, the crocodile stitch won't let you down. These three crochet blanket patterns all use the crocodile stitch pattern in various ways, and each one is stunning and stands out. Now that you know how to work the stitch, start crocheting your own blanket today!
Crocodile Rock Crochet Baby Blanket - Rows of pink and blue crocodile stitches pop out against the softness of the white background for this easy baby blanket. Subtle texture and a gender-neutral color scheme makes this a perfect baby shower present.
Princess Crocodile Stitch Blanket - A subtle crocodile stitch pattern, worked up in a soft mint shade, makes this baby blanket the perfect crib blanket for your little princess. The simple ribbon woven around the border adds a soft feminine touch as well.
Ruby and Emerald Crocodile Stitch Blanket - Worked completely in the crocodile stitch with rows of alternating colors, this crochet blanket will definitely keep you warm in the winter.
What would you make with the crocodile stitch?
Read NextCrochet Scraptastic Granny Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jul 31, 2018
I'm sorry. I sent this before finishing my comment. She went from first row of crocodile stitch to the third row. What happened to the second row. Thank you for your help. I would like to finish this.
Jul 31, 2018
Thiss tutorial could be better. She keeps moving out of camera shot and doesn't give full instructions. When she goes from first row to start of the crocodile stitch, she doesn't say how many to chain. I'm assuming 3, as she is doing double stitches. I too would like to know if there is a written pattern. Thank you.
Jun 16, 2018
This is a great video tutorial on how to crochet the Crocodile Stitch. I have tried to make a hand bag using this stitch and the pattern wasn't right so I pulled it all out. Now that there are some great patterns using this stitch. I love the blanket that uses all crocodile stitches. It will make a nice warm blanket for the winter months. The two row pattern repeat is great and can be made into so many things. I'm thinking a fun headband for the summer. ? Thank you so much for sharing this free crochet stitch tutorial.
SweetPeaTNT 232664 0
Jan 06, 2017
The video for the Crocodile stitch is blank. It only shows a black screen without the "Start" button. Is it possible that you can fix this video?
AFC Editor Julia
Jan 06, 2017
Hi SweePea, The video seems to be loading just fine on our end! Maybe try a different browser or updating your current one? I hope that helps! Julia, editor for AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns
Sep 15, 2016
Never seen this Crocodile stitch before but I love it. So cool and different. This video does a great job of explaining and showing the way to crochet the stitch. Hope I can master this. What all can you do with this stitch besides blankets? Anyone done anything yet?Thanks for such a great video.
Jan 18, 2016
Is there a written pattern?
Jan 15, 2016
The most helpful video ever- thanks!!
Jan 15, 2016
I've been meaning to learn the crocodile stitch! Thank you for this video!!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Bohemian Lace Afghan
Embrace the lace and try the Bohemian Lace Afghan. Written in 3 different sizes, this lacy crochet pattern is versatile and great for… Continue reading: "Bohemian Lace Afghan"
- Crochet Scraptastic Granny Blanket
- Knit-Look Chunky Afghan
- Zig-zag Blanket
- Bright Beginnings Crochet Blanket
- Coral Reefs Blanket
- Latte Delight Crochet Blanket
- Ocean Paradise Crochet Throw Blanket
- 22 Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- Royal Icing Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Rainbow (any Size) Free Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Corner To Corner C2c Mini Bean Stitch Square & Rectangle
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions