This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Chain Columns Section
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"The Chain Columns Section uses a simple combination of chains and single crochet stitches. It has a gentler texture than bobbles or mock bobbles and is easier to crochet, too. This pattern is part of the Sectional Blanket Crochet Along, a mystery crochet along for a throw blanket crocheted in 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm) sections, the size preferred by our charity partner, Warm Up America. New clues will be released on Fridays through December 16, 2022. Skills Used Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round Crocheting in back loops only (includes link to video tutorial)"
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge20 dc = 6″ (15 cm) across. Exact gauge is not critical for this project. If you plan to donate your finished sections to Warm Up America, please note that finished sections must measure 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm).
Finished Size7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm)
WeCrochet Brava Worsted yarn (100% acrylic, 3 oz/100 g, 218 yd/200 m): 18 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,750 yards/3,429 meters in any medium weight yarn for the entire blanket.
I am using the following colors for my version:
Color A/28437 Marina,
Color B/29246 Tidal Speckle,
Color C/28454 Tranquil,
Color D/29247 Snow Day Speckle,
Color E/28422 Cornflower,
Color F/28419 Clarity, and
Color G/28451 Sky
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn
- Locking stitch marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming)
- Bent-tip yarn needle
Read NextBavarian Crochet Tutorial
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Bavarian Crochet Tutorial
- Island Wildflower Blanket
- Blooming Crochet Star Stitch Blanket
- Soft And Sweet Textured Velvet Crochet Blanket
- Shell Stitch Variation Squares
- Easy Popcorn Stitch Border
- How to Crochet a Rose Border
- Beautiful Bavarian Square
- Unique Bavarian Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Wisteria Lapghan
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How To Crochet Drop Leaf Table Runner
- Super Easy And Quick Crochet Blanket Pattern With One Row Repeat
- Candy Floss Blanket
- Crochet Diagonal Raised Stitch Blanket
- Modern Mitered Crochet Baby Blanket
- C2c Large Daisy Crochet Blanket
- C2c Sunshine Crochet Blanket
- C2c Chevron Crochet Blanket
- Seamless Solid Crochet Circle To Granny Square Pattern
- C2c Little Penguin Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions