- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
When the Christmas bells start ringing, you'll want to have a cozy crochet afghan to keep you warm. The Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern will do just that and add a festive flair to your home this holiday season. Kelly green and white diamonds give this blanket an unusual pattern that adds a dynamic edge to any couch. Because of its versatile design, this Christmas crochet pattern will bring you cheer not only during the holidays, but all year round.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Bernat® Happy Holidays (100 g / 3.5 oz) - Main Color (MC) 31711 (Glittery Green) 6 balls Contrast A 31709 (Twinkly White) 4 balls OR Bernat® Happy Holidays (300 g / 10.6 oz) - Main Color (MC) 26708 (Glittery Green) 3 balls Contrast A 26005 (Twinkly White) 2 balls
- Crochet hook: One 5.5 mm (U.S. I/9) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
Size: Approx 46½ x 62 ins [118 x 157.5 cm]
Gauge: 1 Motif = 5½ ins [14 cm] square
(Make 83). With MC, ch 6. Join with sl st to form a ring.
1st rnd: Ch 3. 15 dc in ring. Sl st in top of ch-3. Fasten off.
2nd rnd: Join A with sl st to fi rst dc. Ch 3. 1 dc in same dc. (2 dc in next dc) 15 times. Join with sl st in top of ch-3.
3rd rnd: Ch 6. (Miss 1 dc. 1 dc in next dc. Ch 3) 15 times. Join with sl st into 3rd ch of ch-6.
4th rnd: Sl st into fi rst ch-3 sp.1 sc in same sp as last sl st. *(Ch 3. 1 sc in next ch-3 sp) 3 times. Ch 5. 1 sc in next ch-3 sp. Rep from *3 more times, omitting 1 sc at end of last rep. Join with sl st in fi rst sc. Fasten off.
5th rnd: Join MC with sl st in fi rst ch-3 sp. Ch 3. 2 dc in same sp as last sl st. 3 dc into each of next 2 ch-3 sps. 9 dc in next ch-5 sp. (3 dc into each of next 3 ch-3 sps. 9 dc in next ch-5 sp) 3 times. Sl st in top of ch-3. Fasten off.
Sew Motifs in diagonal strips as shown in picture.
(Make 12). Cut a piece of cardboard 4½ ins [11.5 cm] wide. Wind MC around cardboard 25 times. Break yarn, leaving a long end and thread end through a needle. Slip needle through all loops and tie tightly. Remove cardboard and wind yarn tightly around loops 3/4 inch [2 cm] below fold. Fasten securely. Cut through rem loops and trim ends evenly. Attach one tassel to each point at top and bottom of Afghan.
Read NextSuzy Snowflake Afghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jan 21, 2018
Does anyone have the assembly diagram for this? The directions simply say to follow the picture but it is rumpled on a chair so assembly has been difficult.
Jan 22, 2018
Hi crochet5515, This is a company pattern that we do not own and unfortunately the original pattern did not come with a diagram. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help!
Jul 01, 2016
This is simply gorgeous as an afghan but try thinking outside the box. How about a wall hanging? Or a holiday table runner? Even place mats. I see so many different ways to assemble this.i think I will make the wall hanging for the dining room wall and a matching table runner. Thank you for sharing this beauty.
Jun 16, 2016
Very neat looking unlike the previous designs in the group. This has very clear lines and the design is so defined and the shade of green used is so well-defined. It helps that the pattern is found on the same page. Thanks.
May 09, 2016
Altho I don't need another afghan or blanket but looking at this I was hit with an idea. I will make it as a Christmas table runner for my table. Making it long enough to hang over with the tassels. Either red or green or even white with red and green thread running thru it.
steeledarla4 51813 68
Dec 23, 2015
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Continuous Granny Square Afghan Patternvideocam
This Continuous Granny Square Afghan Pattern is an easy crochet pattern that features the same repeating simple stitch pattern. Worked… Continue reading: "Continuous Granny Square Afghan Patternvideocam"
- Suzy Snowflake Afghan
- Snow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 75 Red and Green Christmas Crochet Afghans
- Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Austrian Sleigh Crochet Afghan
- Holiday Applique Granny Squares
- Peppermint Bliss Throw and Pillow
- Tis the Season Throw
- Vintage Christmas Poinsettia Throw
- Christmas Wave Afghan
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Agate Beach Chevron Blanket
- Cozy Corners Afghan
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Gia Afghan
- Crochet Tootie Fruity Stroller Blanket
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions