We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Book reviewed by Jeanette Benoit, Editor for AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
Make some interestingly shaped crocheted afghans to display around your house with this amazing book from Annie's Attic. Shaped Afghans features 6 beautiful designs that you're sure to fall in love with. Featured skill levels range from easy to experienced, so there is truly an afghan pattern included for everyone. The patterns of these nontraditional afghan shapes are intricate enough for experienced crafters and also simple enough for beginners.
If shaped afghans sound a bit intimidating, don't worry. Annie's Attic has made it as easy as possible for you to make these gorgeous afghans. Each pattern features a full-page color photo of the finished project, along with detailed instructions, illustrations, charts, and pattern notes to help you along the way. For added convenience, there is also a complete stitch guide at the back of the book that includes stitch abbreviations, a handy yarn conversion chart, and brief how-to's for 16 commonly-used stitches, along with helpful diagrams of each stitch.
In Shaped Afghans, you'll find a great variety of patterns to choose from. Each crochet afghan pattern is written by a different designer, so they are all different and unique from one another. The patterns in this book include the Pineapple Lapghan (p. 9), Circular Tapestry Hearts Afghan (p. 15), Spiral Lapghan (p. 20), and the Forever Spring Afghan (p. 22). Each pattern is an interesting shape and incorporates beautiful colors. You'll learn designs and techniques such as spiral, tapestry crochet, motifs, and star ripples. All patterns use worsted weight yarn and range in sizes from 41" in diameter to 64."
Annie's Attic was founded in 1975 and has grown into an integral member of the crafting community. They are a fantastic resource not only for crochet patterns and supplies, but for knitting and other crafts, as well. Their crochet catalog is known for the variety and originality of its designs, and with their book, Shaped Afghans, you'll be provided with a fantastic collection of unique afghans to create for your home.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 50 Ripple Stitches Book
- Win a Free Copy of 101 Quick and Easy Crochet Stitches!
- 100 Colorful Granny Squares to Crochet Book
- The Best of Mary Maxim Baby Afghans
- Crochet Red
- Crochet Unravelled: A Clear and Concise Guide to Learning Crochet
- Enter to Win the Cozy Afghan Collection!
- Enter to win the little Encyclopedia of Baby Blankets
- Enter for a chance to win Sportacular Afghans!
- Win the Baby Blanket Collection!
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions