We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Gifted by: Leisure Arts
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
The best factor about working up motifs is that the possibilities are endless. You don't need to have a project in mind or a color scheme worked up; just crochet motifs and figure out what you're going to do with them later. In Modern Motifs you will find 12 great shapes that allow you to do anything with. From pillows to bags to afghans and shawls you can work up some of the most beautiful crochet designs with a simple motif.
In this book from Leisure Arts you will find squares, hexagons, trinity shells, triangles, granny squares and more. Each of the shapes are easy crochet patterns that use Red Heart yarns. There are also a few patterns listed within the book. My favorite is the Square Medallion Market Bag found on page 29. Instead of sewing motifs together these squares are joined together during the last round of the square, making it a little less tedious to put together. You have to know a few special stitches for this pattern, but the book gives perfectly clear instructions on how to do them.
Red Heart Soft yarn is used for each of the patterns, which is even soft enough for a baby blanket. The collection of motifs is a great resource for both home and fashion accessories, you just have to get creative.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
All we can think of when looking at this stunning crochet afghan pattern is the different shades of ocean water, hence the name… Continue reading: "Dancing Waters Crochet Blanket"
- Win a Free Copy of 101 Quick and Easy Crochet Stitches!
- The Best of Mary Maxim Baby Afghans
- Win the Beginner Crochet Book Set!
- Learn to Make Mile-A-Minute Baby Afghans
- Blue Ribbon Afghans from Americas State Fairs: 40 Prize-Winning Crocheted Designs
- Our Best Baby Afghans
- Enter to Win the Cozy Afghan Collection!
- 50 Ripple Stitches Book
- The Best of Mary Maxim Ripple Afghans
- Blankets for Toddlers
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easy Weekend Crochet Afghan
- How To Crochet Graphs With The Bobble Sc | Giraffe Block (with Video Tutorial)
- Ahavah Baby Blanket
- Mustard & Co Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Latte Delight Crochet Blanket
- Textured Bobble Throw
- Sea Turtle C2c Throw
- Honey Peaks Throw
- Moon And Stars Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Sheep Granny Square Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions