We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
Reviewed by Janice Ogata for AllFreeCrochet.com
The book Crochet Refresher by Sharon H. Silverman is a great book for beginners and for those who have previously crocheted and want to start crocheting again. The nine patterns in this book are fun and easy to make, and utilize yarn available for purchase from your local craft store and big box retailers. I always enjoy it when I don't have to mail away for specific yarn and I can shop at my local store to make a yarn purchase. Then I can get started right away on my projects.
What's really unique about this book is there are instructions for left & right handed people. Also, if you get stuck, there is a new feature called bonus online tutorials. It's really helpful, because there is a website address included inside the book so you can watch videos if you get stuck on a certain stitch or technique.
This whole book is dedicated to baby gifts so most of these projects are small and work up rather quickly. The first project in the book is a washcloth to help with the very basics. You will be reminded on how to make a slip knot and how to single crochet. There are six interesting and practical baby blankets, and a hat with a matching mitts pattern, too.
This is a great book to get if you need to make a baby gift for your friends or family. In the course of this book you will also double crochet, learn ribbing, make pom poms, and discover how to color change. Since this book offers a lot of different techniques, once you finish making all the patterns in this book you will have the confidence needed to start tackling more difficult patterns.
Crochet Refresher is a delightful book that will naturally appeal to those with babies and young children, but which also has a lot of useful information that can benefit anyone interested in crochet. If you are looking to learn new skills, or just brush up on the skills you already have, Crochet Refresher is a great place to start.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Everything the Internet Didn't Teach You About Crochet
- Win a Free Copy of 101 Quick and Easy Crochet Stitches!
- 100 Colorful Granny Squares to Crochet Book
- The Big Book of Crochet Stitches Review
- Enter to win the little Encyclopedia of Baby Blankets
- Interlocking Crochet
- Crochet Unravelled: A Clear and Concise Guide to Learning Crochet
- 50 Ripple Stitches Book
- The Best of Mary Maxim Ripple Afghans
- Granny Squares: 20 Crochet Projects With A Vintage Vibe
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Cranberry Pie Granny Square
- Astrology Afghan
- Corn And Poppy Granny Square
- Skeleton Throw Blanket
- Super Chunky Gia Afghan
- Pumpkin Pie Granny Square
- Lissmiss Blanket
- Crochet 12-point Star Blanket
- Soothing Stripes Stroller Blanket
- Diamond Wave Pattern | Crafting Happiness
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions