Blankets for Every Baby
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Blankets for Every Baby
Gifted by: Leisure Arts
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
Need a fresh approach to a timeless classic? The crochet baby blankets in Blankets for Every Baby are still your classic designs, but with a twist. Back in the day you would only see baby blankets in white, beige or some form of a neutral color. Now we're stepping out of that "comfort" zone and creating a whole new look.
In each of the baby blanket patterns within this book you will find hints of color. Whether the color takes place of the whole blanket or you see just a splash of color, you will love it. These make sweet gifts for a new arrival or baby shower. The bright colors are appealing to both mom and baby, and baby will love touching the 3D flowers and all the nubby patterns; it's all about sensory in the beginning, so these are great designs!
All the patterns in Blankets for Every Baby are classified as easy crochet patterns, which means even beginners can make them. The instructions, diagrams and color sequences are easy to follow allowing you to work up these designs in no time.
The designer of these patterns, Glenda Winkleman, is a self-taught crocheter with a crochet project in every room of her home. She wrote for a magazine column called "Afghan Artistry" and has her designs in another book as well. If you don't try your hand at these baby blankets then you're missing out. With 8 up-to-date styles and touchable textures any baby is sure to love snuggling up with mom. The Cross Stitch Hearts blanket on page 20 is so sweet. A Tunisian hook is required to work up this design, but the figures and charts make it easy to work up. The border instructions can also be viewed in an online tutorial so you can get the perfect outcome.
The Sherbet Dream blanket on page 28 truly is the classic look with a pop of color. The blanket is mostly made with white yarn with just a touch of color in each row. If you're looking for the more classic blanket, but want to try something a little different then this is your design.
Blankets for Every Baby is just the thing any new mom needs. If you're a mom, a grandparent or even just a friend looking for a fabulous gift then this book is a winner.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Everything the Internet Didn't Teach You About Crochet
- Win a Free Copy of 101 Quick and Easy Crochet Stitches!
- 100 Colorful Granny Squares to Crochet Book
- The Big Book of Crochet Stitches Review
- Enter to win the little Encyclopedia of Baby Blankets
- Interlocking Crochet
- Crochet Unravelled: A Clear and Concise Guide to Learning Crochet
- 50 Ripple Stitches Book
- The Best of Mary Maxim Ripple Afghans
- Granny Squares: 20 Crochet Projects With A Vintage Vibe
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Cranberry Pie Granny Square
- Astrology Afghan
- Corn And Poppy Granny Square
- Skeleton Throw Blanket
- Super Chunky Gia Afghan
- Pumpkin Pie Granny Square
- Lissmiss Blanket
- Crochet 12-point Star Blanket
- Soothing Stripes Stroller Blanket
- Diamond Wave Pattern | Crafting Happiness
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions