- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Strawberry Pink Crochet Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Using Soft Baby Steps and Gumdrop yarn in two fun colors you can work up this Strawberry Pink Crochet Blanket for any little girl. This is an easy crochet blanket pattern to work up that only involves weaving in ends and no seams to sew. If you like working with crochet granny squares then you'll certainly love working up this design as it's one big square. The reverse single crochet stitch is used, but you can easily master that in no time.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- RED HEART® Soft Baby Steps® :1 ball each of 9702 Strawberry A and 9600 White B.
- RED HEART® Gumdrop®:1 ball 620 C herry C.
- Susan Bates ® Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm [I-9 US]
- Yarn needle
- 4 Stitch markers
First 3 rounds = 4” (10 cm) in diameter; 14 sts = 4” (10 cm); 7 rows = 4” (10 cm)
Blanket Measures 35” x 35” (89 cm x 89 cm)
reverse single crochet (reverse sc): Working from left to right insert hook in next st to the right, yo, draw yarn through st, yo, draw yarn through 2 loops on hook.
Work in the following color sequence throughout:
4 rounds A; 1 round B ; 4 rounds C ; 1 round B ; repeat from * 3 times; rounds A ; 1 round B.
With A, form an adjustable ring.
Round 1 (right side): ch 2 (counts as first dc here and throughout), 2 dc in ring, ch 3, [3 dc, ch 3] 3 times in ring; join with a slip st in top of beginning ch – 12 dc; 4 ch-3 spaces.
Round 2: Slip st to first ch-3 space, ch 2, (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc, ch 1) in same space, (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc, ch 1) in each of next 3 ch-3 spaces, join with slip st in top of beginning ch – 24 dc; 4 ch-3 spaces.
Round 3: Slip st to first ch-3 space, ch 2, (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc, ch 1) in same space, *3 dc in next ch-1 space, ch 1**, (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc, ch 1) in next ch-3 spaces; repeat from * around, ending last repeat at **, join with slip st in top of beginning ch – 36 dc; 4 ch-3 spaces.
Round 4: Slip st to first ch-3 space, ch 2, (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc, ch 1) in same space, *(3 dc, ch 1) in each of next 2 ch-1 spaces**, (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc, ch 1) in next ch-3 spaces; repeat from * around, ending last repeat at **, join with slip st in top of beginning ch – 48 dc; 4 ch-3 spaces. Fasten off A.
Round 5: With right side facing, join B with slip st in next corner ch-3 space, ch 2, (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc, ch 1) in same space, *(3 dc, ch 1) in each ch-1 space across to next corner ch-3 space**, (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc, ch 1) in next ch-3 spaces; repeat from * around, ending last repeat at **, join with slip st in top of beginning ch – 60 dc; 4 ch-3 spaces.
Fasten off B.
Rounds 6-31: Maintaining color sequence, repeat Round 5. Fasten off B.
Note: Place a stitch marker in center ch of each corner ch-3 space around.
Round 31: With right side facing, join A with slip st in first st, ch 1, sc in each st and around (, working 3 sc in each marked corner st; join with slip st in first sc. Move markers up to the center sc of every corner 3-sc group as work progresses.
Rounds 32-34: Ch 1, sc in each sc around, working 3 sc in marked corner sc; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off A.
Round 35: With right side facing, join B with slip st in first st, ch 1, working from left to right, skip first sc, *reverse sc in next sc, ch 1, skip next sc; repeat from * around; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
Weave in ends.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Oct 29, 2018
This Strawberry baby blanket is also so lovely. It's also easy to make. Perfect as birthday or christening or baby shower present. Mommy will love this and baby, too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Bohemian Lace Afghan
Embrace the lace and try the Bohemian Lace Afghan. Written in 3 different sizes, this lacy crochet pattern is versatile and great for… Continue reading: "Bohemian Lace Afghan"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Corner To Corner C2c Mini Bean Stitch Square & Rectangle
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions