Modern Heirloom Baby Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This is one of my favorite stitch patterns to use and it makes such a beautiful gift for an expecting mother. Recently, I learned how to make the linen stitch, which is also called the moss stitch, granite stitch, and the woven stitch. Once you learn the techniques, the crochet projects are endless. Today, though, we will be making the modern heirloom baby afghan and it is super easy. This baby afghan has a modern look to it, but at the same time, is a beautiful blanket to pass on as an heirloom-if it lasts that long."
NotesPattern includes a photo and video tutorial on how to complete the stitch and a great way to change color seamlessly.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeTo make the blanket wider or narrower, increase or decrease by 2 stitches. This afghan uses even stitches. To make this longer or shorter, simply increase or decrease the number of rows. However, to keep the symmetrical look of the afghan, be sure to count out the rows and whatever you do on one end, you should repeat on the other end.
Finished SizeApproximately 26 inches X 26 inches
- 2 Skeins Baby Pink Red Heart yarn approximately 728 yards
- 1 Skein Dusty Grey Red Heart yarn approximately 300 yards
- Size H Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make an easy baby blanket with pleasing colors when you crochet this Taupe and Green Striped Baby Blanket. This crochet baby afghan… Continue reading: "Taupe and Green Striped Baby Blanket"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Bobble Stripe Baby Blanket
- Festive Light Crochet Blanket
- Beach Day Blanket
- Best Darn Yarn Tenders
- My Mother's Garden Afghan
- Godzilla Blanket
- Simply Sophisticated Scarlet Crochet Throw
- Cranberry Pie Granny Square
- Astrology Afghan
- Corn And Poppy Granny Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions