This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Modern Heirloom Baby Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This is one of my favorite stitch patterns to use and it makes such a beautiful gift for an expecting mother. Recently, I learned how to make the linen stitch, which is also called the moss stitch, granite stitch, and the woven stitch. Once you learn the techniques, the crochet projects are endless. Today, though, we will be making the modern heirloom baby afghan and it is super easy. This baby afghan has a modern look to it, but at the same time, is a beautiful blanket to pass on as an heirloom-if it lasts that long."
NotesPattern includes a photo and video tutorial on how to complete the stitch and a great way to change color seamlessly.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeTo make the blanket wider or narrower, increase or decrease by 2 stitches. This afghan uses even stitches. To make this longer or shorter, simply increase or decrease the number of rows. However, to keep the symmetrical look of the afghan, be sure to count out the rows and whatever you do on one end, you should repeat on the other end.
Finished SizeApproximately 26 inches X 26 inches
- 2 Skeins Baby Pink Red Heart yarn approximately 728 yards
- 1 Skein Dusty Grey Red Heart yarn approximately 300 yards
- Size H Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
Read NextFloral Border Crib Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make a granny square pattern that is truly fit for royalty. With a big crochet flower, The Royal Parlor Granny is elegant and pretty.… Continue reading: "The Royal Parlor Grannyvideocam"
- Floral Border Crib Blanket
- Simply Sweet Baby Blanket
- Lingering over a Lullaby Blanket
- Fast And Easy Speckled Chunky Yarn Blanket
- Fields and Furrows Crochet Afghan
- Tulip Stitch At Twilight Baby Blanket
- Pretty In Pink Elephant Lovey
- Pretty Crochet Mesh And Berry Baby Blanket
- Happy Little Tree Blanket
- Quick C2C Baby Blanket
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easiest Crochet Chunky Blanket Quick Christmas Gift Idea
- Family Crochet Throw Blanket Pattern
- Easy Crochet Christmas Blanket
- Easy To Make One Row Repeat Crochet Blanket
- Candy Kisses Blanket
- Cluster Stripes Variation Section
- How To Make A Crochet Slab Blanket
- Abimal Blanket
- Crochet Cat Applique With Starting Chains
- Corner To Corner Triple Crochet Baby Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions