Modern Heirloom Baby Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This is one of my favorite stitch patterns to use and it makes such a beautiful gift for an expecting mother. Recently, I learned how to make the linen stitch, which is also called the moss stitch, granite stitch, and the woven stitch. Once you learn the techniques, the crochet projects are endless. Today, though, we will be making the modern heirloom baby afghan and it is super easy. This baby afghan has a modern look to it, but at the same time, is a beautiful blanket to pass on as an heirloom-if it lasts that long."
NotesPattern includes a photo and video tutorial on how to complete the stitch and a great way to change color seamlessly.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeTo make the blanket wider or narrower, increase or decrease by 2 stitches. This afghan uses even stitches. To make this longer or shorter, simply increase or decrease the number of rows. However, to keep the symmetrical look of the afghan, be sure to count out the rows and whatever you do on one end, you should repeat on the other end.
Finished SizeApproximately 26 inches X 26 inches
- 2 Skeins Baby Pink Red Heart yarn approximately 728 yards
- 1 Skein Dusty Grey Red Heart yarn approximately 300 yards
- Size H Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Soothing Stripes Stroller Blanket
- Diamond Wave Pattern | Crafting Happiness
- Timeless Lacy Shell Crochet Blanket
- Simple Inspiring Crochet Blanket
- Crochet Fireside Throw Blanket
- Cozy Man Cave Throw
- Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- Winter Holiday Season Colors Granny Square Afghan
- Chic Colorful Granny Square Throw
- Granny Square Afghan
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions