We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
This crochet baby blanket is made by working up individual granny squares and then joining them together. Working this way, you can easily crochet a bigger crochet blanket by adding more squares, so size possibilities are endless. The colors of this project are based on a sweet spring location - a wild daisies field, but you can switch up the colors to fit your decor better. This easy crochet afghan pattern will warm and brighten up your home for the spring in no time!
NotesCrochet baby blankets are such great gift ideas no matter what time of the year it is since it's always necessary to bundle babies up against the cold. They can be worked up so quickly because of their size, so it's easier to make them than a regular afghan. Crochet baby blankets can be made with finer yarn if you want to add some lacy decorative stitches or with a more bulky yarn if you're looking to add some thickness and warmth. Babyghans also look great as nursery decorations and make a great baby shower present for expectant mothers. Work up a blanket in the baby's gender or nursery colors or add some sewn on crochet embellishments for a fun addition to really make the project a special one.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Finished Size32 x 32 inches ( Stroller size )
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Using fun colors like sunshine, light country peach, orchid and other soft colors will make you feel like you're on a cloud while… Continue reading: "Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket"
- 3 Hour Afghan
- 5 Hour Baby Blanket
- Intensive Love Crochet Baby Blanket
- Orchid Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Quick and Thick Baby Blanket
- Lilac Love Crochet Baby Blanket
- Woven Dreams Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Springtime Heirloom Baby Blanket
- Elegant Baby Blanket and Booties
- Irish Wave Crochet Baby Blanket
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Winter Jewels Amethyst Flower Granny Square
- Three Hour Throw
- Happy Lark Scrap Blanket
- Beneficent Bella Baby Blanket
- Eastern Star Motif
- Buffalo Check Plaid Blanket
- Wintergreen Baby Blanket
- Polar Bear & Penguin Pals Graphgan
- Wildlife Graphghan
- Night Before Christmas Graphgan Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions