We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
The Shades of Amber Tunisian Afghan is guaranteed to warm up any room in your home. This easy crochet afghan uses the tunisian crochet stitch to create woven blocks in gorgeous autumn colors. Learn how to crochet tunisian crochet patterns with this great afghan.
You'll never want to stop crocheting the tunisian stitch after you see how lovely this crochet afghan turns out to be. Plus, the beautiful reds, oranges, yellows, and browns make this gorgeous afghan an autumn dream.
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge14-1/2 sts and 16 rows = 4" [10 cm] in pat.
Finished SizeApprox 42" x 56" [106.5 x 142 cm]
- Bernat® Super Value™ (Solids: 197 g/7 oz; 389 m/426 yds; Ombres: 142 g/5 oz; 251 m/275 yds); Contrast A (53241 Moss Heather) 1 ball; Contrast B (28244 Hiking Ombre) 1 ball; Contrast C (53246 Lush) 1 ball; Contrast D (28822 Summerset Ombre) 3 balls; Contrast E (53531 Rouge) 1 ball; Contrast F (28101 Wild Flowers Ombre) 3 balls; Contrast G (53609 Bronze) 1 ball
- Size 6 mm (U.S. J or 10) Tunisian crochet hook
- Size 6 mm (U.S. J or 10) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
If you're looking for more patterns involving the afghan stitch, check out 28 Tunisian Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns
With A and Tunisian hook, ch 24.
1st row: (Row from right to left). Draw up a loop in 2nd ch from hook. Draw up a loop and leave on hook in each rem ch to end of chain. 23 loops.
**2nd row: (Row from left to right). Draw yarn through only last loop (edge st). *Draw yarn through 2 loops. Rep from * until 1 loop rem on hook. Do not turn.
3rd row: (Row from right to left). *Insert hook from right to left behind single vertical thread. Draw up a loop and leave on hook. Rep from * to end of row.
4th row: (Row from left to right). Draw yarn through only last loop (edge st). *Draw yarn through 2 loops. Rep from * until 1 loop rem on hook. Do not turn. Rep last 2 rows until work from beg measures approx 6-3/4" [17 cm], ending with 4th (return) row.
1st row: (Pick up forward row). With RS facing and Tunisian hook, draw up B through first side st, working through 2 loops of side sts, draw up 22 more loops evenly across side edge. 23 loops total. Work from ** to ** as given for 1st Square.
With C, work as for 2nd Square.
With B, work as for 2nd Square. Following diagrams, cont in same manner until all Squares are complete.
1st rnd: With standard crochet hook and RS facing, join A with sl st to top corner of Blanket. Ch 1. 2 sc in same sp as last sl st. *18 sc across first Square. (19 sc across next Square) 4 times. 18 sc across next Square. 3 sc in corner. 18 sc across first Square. (19 sc across next Square) 6 times. 18 sc across next Square.** 3 sc in corner. Rep from * to ** once more. 1 sc in same sp as first 2 sc. Join with sl st to first sc.
2nd rnd: Ch 1. 2 sc in same sp as last sl st. 1 sc in each sc around, having 3 sc in corner sc. 1 sc in same sp as first sc. Join F with sl st to first sc.
3rd rnd: With F, ch 1. (1 sc. Ch 2. 1 sc) in same sp as last sl st. [*Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in next sc. Rep from * to 1 sc before corner sc. Ch 1. Miss next sc. (1 sc. Ch 2. 1 sc) in corner sc] 3 times. **Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in next sc. Rep from ** to last sc. Ch 1. Miss last sc. Join A with sl st to first sc.
4th rnd: With A, sl st to next ch-2 sp. Ch 1. 2 sc in same sp as last sl st. [*1 sc in missed sc of 2nd row over ch-1 sp. 1 sc in next sc. Rep from * to corner ch-2 sp. 3 sc in corner ch-2 sp] 3 times. **1 sc in missed sc of 2nd row over ch-1 sp. 1 sc in next sc. Rep from ** around, ending with 1 sc in same sp as first sc. Join with sl st to first sc.
5th rnd: As 2nd rnd. Join D with sl st to first sc.
6th rnd: With D, ch 1. Working from left to right instead of right to left as usual, work 1 reverse sc in each sc around. Join with sl st to first sc.
Find this beautiful pattern and more inside our downloadable 6 Tunisian Crochet Blanket Patterns free eBook
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
"I was looking for the perfect comfort crochet project and I found it! This simple, beginner-friendly (or mindless movie watching)… Continue reading: "Gentle Gradient Ripple Blanket"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Every Little Thing Square
- Giraffe C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- 6 Hour Crochet Blanket
- Twinkling Stars Blanket
- Ice Flower Granny Square
- Deer Stag C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- Fabian's Ombré Baby Blanket
- Botanical Garden Square
- Hexi Askew Square
- Mingle Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions