- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Easy Going Crochet Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
We've got a cozy fun crochet pattern for you the Easy Going Crochet Blanket. It would be great to work up on a rainy day when you're stuck inside. This crochet afghan will be an easy project to start, especially since the summer is almost gone and fall and winter will be here before you know it.
Made with super bulky yarn, you know you'll be curling up in it when the freezing cold and snow comes. This easy crochet blanket will be a snap, so get your hooks out and ready! Once you're done, you can relax on the couch with your new creation.
Yarn Weight(7) Jumbo
Crochet Gauge4 sc and 4 rows = 4" [10 cm]
Finished SizeApprox 48" x 56" [122 x 142 cm]
- Bernat® Mega Bulky™ (10.5 oz/300 g; 64 yds/58 m) Linen (88021) - 12 balls
- Size U.S. S (19 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
Find more easy crochet blanket patterns in this collection of 24 Free Easy to Crochet Afghan Patterns
Note: Blanket is reversible. There is no RS or WS.
1st row: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. *Ch 1. Skip next ch. 1 sc in next ch. Rep from * to end of chain. Turn. 57 sts.
2nd row: Ch 3 (counts as hdc and ch 1). *Hdc2tog over next ch-1 sp and next sc. Ch 1. Rep from * to end of row. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first hdc2tog. 1 sc in next ch-1 sp. *Ch 1. Skip next hdc2tog. 1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * across, ending with 1 sc in 2nd ch of turning ch.
4th row: Ch 2 (counts as hdc). Hdc2tog over first 2 sc. Ch 1. *Hdc2tog over next ch-1 sp and next sc. Ch 1. Rep from * to last 3 sts. Hdc2tog over next ch-1 sp and next sc. 1 hdc in last sc. Turn.
5th row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first hdc. *Ch 1. Skip next hdc2tog. 1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * to last 2 sts. Ch 1. Skip last hdc2tog. 1 sc in top of turning ch. Turn.
Rep 2nd to 5th rows to form pat until work from beg measures approx 56" [142 cm], ending on a 3rd or 5th row of pat. Do not fasten off.
Edging rnd: Ch 1. Work 1 rnd of sc evenly around outer edges of Blanket. Join with sl st to first sc.
The easy crochet ideas in this eBook include vibrant and unique free crochet patterns as well as soft and classic crochet blankets, throws, and more. Get your copy here:
8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns free eBook
Read NextFalling Leaves Afghan Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jul 07, 2017
How many additional stitches do I need to add to make this blanket wider? Than ks "Easy Going Crochet Blanket"
mleister1972 31846 73
Jan 04, 2017
Tried this craft? What did you think?
Dec 28, 2016
Does this actually say 12 balls of mega chunky???
Dec 29, 2016
I just confirmed with the designer's pattern and it is indeed 12 balls to make it the intended size. Thanks, Krista, Editor
Aug 16, 2016
This blanket looks so cozy! I could see a blanket like this being sold at Target or Macy's. Plus, it probably works up pretty quickly using such bulky yarn.
May 12, 2016
Thanks for having the pattern of this super chunky blanket placed in front of the page. I want to do this but the super bulky yarn is not available where I am now. I need to order the yarn from the US or Canada. But this look so nice because the color which best suits the design.
Aug 24, 2016
Correction But this looks so nice because of the color which best suits the design. I apologize for the typo error.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Square Upon Square Throw
This stunning throw from Red Heart Yarns is perfect for using on a chilly afternoon or evening. Crochet granny squares with Red Heart… Continue reading: "Square Upon Square Throw"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions