8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
Modern Double Crochet V-stitch Chunky Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This modern double crochet v-stitch chunky blanket is a wedding gift. I have had this Caron One Pound yarn in my stash for a while now. Thought it was time to get something made with it.I have had this Caron One Pound yarn in my yarn stash it seems like forever, and I’ve been wanting to use it. However, I could never quite come up with the right idea. When I thought about using this for a wedding gift handmade blanket, all of the boxes ticked in my head and I knew what I wanted to do. Using two strands of yarn makes this a fun and chunky blanket. It also makes for a very warm blanket. I will miss having this cover me up while crocheting when it is below zero here this week. Brrrr. Very fun crochet pattern with a unique and modern look and feel for a blanket."
Crochet HookN/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeGauge is not important for this pattern. However, I had 10 stitches per 4 inches. You can change the length by crocheting less rows. Change the width by increasing or decreasing the stitches-by any even number
Finished SizeThe wide is approximately 79 inches, with the length approximately 76 inches.
- 5 Skeins of Caron one pound White. 3 full skeins will be used for the blanket. 2 partial skeins will be used for the border. 3,046 yards.
- 5 Skeins of Caron one Pound Sky Blue. 3 full skeins will be used for the blanket. 2 partial skeins will be used for the border. 5,611 yards.
- Remember: throughout the entire blanket, you will use 2 strands of yarn held together, whether a white and blue yarn strand, two white, or two blue.
- Size N Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Beautiful Beginner Crochet Throw
- Wintertide Sampler Throw Pattern
- Spring into Summer Blanket
- Finger Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Let It Go Frozen Blanket
- Sky Blue Crochet Bed Throw
- Duchess of Cambridge Crochet Blanket
- Magical Butterfly Throw
- Ridiculously Cozy Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Moroccan Tile Rainbowghan
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Spring Blanket
- Modern Baroque Design Throw
- Gentle River Ripple Blanket
- Bobble Pop Crochet Blanket
- Mock Cables Block
- Winter Jewels Lapghan
- Unicorn Bricks Baby Blanket
- Puddles Of Love Baby Blanket
- Camden Blanket
- Starburst Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions