How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
Gilal Diamond Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"The Gilal Diamond Throw is a beginner friendly Tunisian crochet throw that takes your living space from nice to wow! It can be crocheted quickly thanks to using two strands of worsted/aran weight yarn at once and 9 mm Tunisian crochet hook. It features simple and stylish ribbing and large and small diamonds patterns. These are made using stranded colourwork that is a great skill to develop, which can be used for many future projects from home décor to garments. "
NotesThe Throw is worked flat, RS facing from right to left.
The yarn is held double throughout the project.
The chart is worked flat.
Both Diamond patterns are crocheted using stranded colourwork; the background colour is carried over and wrapped around the pattern colour every 2-3 stitches to avoid loose floats. It is important to keep the passive yarn taut but not too tight to avoid distorting of Diamond patterns.
The stitch count refers to the number of lps on hook on FP.
Crochet HookM/13 or 9 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge10 sts x 8 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over tss
Finished Size101 cm x 151.25 cm (approx. 40.5 x 60.5 in)
- Women’s Institute Soft and Smooth Aran (available exclusively from Hobbycraft) (100% Acrylic | Aran | 400 g (14.1 oz) = 660 m (722 yds)), Light Teal (MC) 4 skeins (approx. 1500 g), Teal (CC) 1 skein (approx. 130 g)
- Tunisian crochet hook size 9 mm (US size M/N-13) with cable (at least 100 cm (40 in)) or size to obtain the gauge Tunisian crochet hook size 9 mm (US size M/N-13) with cable (at least 100 cm (40 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions