This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Katy Crochet Granny Square
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
This crochet granny square pattern is a classic crochet pattern that all skill levels will appreciate. A quick crochet pattern to make, this granny square is convenient as ever. Whether used for a DIY crochet gift or just a DIY home decoration, this intermediate crochet pattern is quite versatile. With unique crossed double crochet stitches, this is definitely a creative crochet project.
From the Blogger: "This cute granny square works up quickly using clusters and crossed double crochet stitches. Skills used basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch working in rounds, increasing, and joining new colors crossed stitches and clusters (written explanations are provided in pattern)"
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeFinished Square = 6” (15 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Finished Size6” (15 cm) square.
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Baby (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 170 yd/156 m) – 1 skein each in 157 Duckie (CA) and 169 Sweet Pea, or approximately 25 yd (23 m) in each of two colors in any medium weight yarn.
- US I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Royal Parlor Grannyvideocam
Make a granny square pattern that is truly fit for royalty. With a big crochet flower, The Royal Parlor Granny is elegant and pretty.… Continue reading: "The Royal Parlor Grannyvideocam"
- Mesmerizing Stitches Granny Square Pattern
- Prince Protea Crochet Granny Square
- Neverending Love Square
- Vintage “Crumpets and Tea” Crochet Square
- Windmill Granny Square
- Pretty in Periwinkle Granny Square Pattern
- Ruby Hexagon Granny Square
- Bright Bullseye Granny Square Pattern
- Gothic Rose Granny Square Pattern
- Blooming Violet Square
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- Melissa Throw
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet Summer Baby Blanket
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions