How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Fancy Shells Stitch Tutorial and Granny Square Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Learn how to make the Fancy Shells stitch with a step-by-step photo tutorial. Plus, put your new skills to the test and learn how to make it into an afghan square. Granny square patterns like this are great because you can turn it literally anything you want including a granny square blanket, or you can just leave it as a simple granny square and use it as a coaster or hot pad. Follow this free tutorial and learn how to make a granny square that's unlike all of your other grannies!
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Nov 27, 2016
Oh wow, I really like the the look of this Fancy Shells Stitch Tutorial and Granny Square Pattern. It's a very beautiful stitch, that would make a lovely scarf or blanket! I'm not into making granny squares but I can see this made larger then life into a large blanket/lapagahan. The written, with pictures pattern is very easy to follow and easy. I'm looking forward to making this fancy shells stitch. Thank you so much for this free crochet tutorial.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
New Favorite Afghan
The New Favorite Afghan is crocheted in 20 blocks that are sewn together at the very end. The classic look of crochet squares is taken… Continue reading: "New Favorite Afghan"
- Mesmerizing Stitches Granny Square Pattern
- Prince Protea Crochet Granny Square
- Neverending Love Square
- Vintage “Crumpets and Tea” Crochet Square
- Windmill Granny Square
- Pretty in Periwinkle Granny Square Pattern
- Ruby Hexagon Granny Square
- Bright Bullseye Granny Square Pattern
- Gothic Rose Granny Square Pattern
- Blooming Violet Square
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- Melissa Throw
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet Summer Baby Blanket
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions