This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Granny Square Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
"Easy granny square afghan. Free directions on how to make one of your own. This one was made in memory of my sister’s mother-in-law. This is her yarn color. I was given some yarn and had to figure out what to make with it. This granny blanket worked out just perfectly with the four colors. They just went together nicely. The granny square is worked from the center to the outer edge in rounds. Therefore, as you complete each round the blanket continues to grow. "
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeApproximately 12 DC per 4 inches. I used a larger crochet hook than what the yarn called for; therefore, I had less stitches per inch for my gauge.
Finished SizeMy blanket measured approximately 44 X 44 inches square.
- Red Heart Claret color 1.5 skeins
- Red Heart Buff color 1.5 skeins
- Red Heart Coffee color 1.5 skeins
- Red Heart Medium Thyme color 1.5 skeins
- Size K crochet hook
- Yarn needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Crazy Ripple Blanket
You've never seen a ripple crochet afghan like this before! The Crazy Ripple Blanket is an easy spin on the typical ripple pattern. By… Continue reading: "Crazy Ripple Blanket"
- Double Irish Chain Granny Square Blanket
- Mod 9-Patch Blanket
- "Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner" Blanket
- Watercolor Granny Square Blanket
- Simple Loop Granny Square Crochet Border
- Mateo's Granny Square Blanket
- All For One Giant Granny Square Afghan
- Rose Granny Square Pattern
- Seamless Granny Square Afghan
- Over the Rainbow Granny Square Blanket
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions