This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Projects
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Chic Colorful Granny Square Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
"This chic colorful granny square throw has a modern look and it was so much fun to make. Full directions for the pattern, plus a video tutorial on how to complete the invisible join for a granny square. This throw would be nice for a baby too. If you would like to make the same color layout as I did, feel free to use the chart to help with that process. Sometimes, seeing the entire color scheme graphed out can be helpful."
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeApproximately 12 stitches per 4 inches. My crochet hook was larger than what the yarn called for.
Finished SizeThe throw is 9 blocks wide X 9 blocks long…approximately 46 X 46 inches once the red border is added.
- White Yarn – Red Heart Super Saver Yarn White color 2 skeins
- Buff Yarn – Red Heart Super Saver Yarn Buff color 1 skein
- Flamingo Yarn – Red Heart Super Saver Yarn Flamingo color 1 skein
- Cherry Red Yarn – Red Heart Super Saver Yarn Cherry Red color 2 skeins
- Size J crochet hook
- yarn needle
Read NextGia Afghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Across the Pond Crochet Pattern
Lounge by the sea with this Across the Pond Crochet Pattern! This throw is inspired by the ever relaxing and ebbing waves of the… Continue reading: "Across the Pond Crochet Pattern"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Gia Afghan
- Crochet Tootie Fruity Stroller Blanket
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- Melissa Throw
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions