This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
18" C2c Alphabet Square
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"I wanted an “X” and “O” pillow to decorate my home for Valentine’s Day this year. I have tons of decorations for other holidays, but surprisingly only two items for Valentine’s Day (that you see in the photos, hehe), so I thought I’d add in some pillows as those are my favorite thing to make. This pattern is just showing how to make the 18” square, and while I’m creating throw pillows with mine, you can: use them as afghan squares and sew a bunch together to make a blanket or a small rug, string the square up on a dowel and use as a wall hanging, use the square as a doily on a table, use the square as the star of the show of a cardigan or top, etc! I used Red Heart Super Saver for mine but I also like Caron One Pound and Bernat Super Value for home projects - the letter "O" took 245 yards, and the "X" took 280 yards. While the overall gauge isn’t important, it is important that the gauge for both yarns that you use are the same. I had to use an H8/5mm for my Soft White, and I9/5.5mm for my Buff. The letter "X" took me just over 4 hours to complete. "
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge5 Boxes = 4.25″ Wide by 4.13″ Tall
Finished Size18" Square
- 300ish Yards Total of Worsted Weight Yarn – I used Red Heart’s Super Saver in Buff and Soft White
- H8/5mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
When the Christmas bells start ringing, you'll want to have a cozy crochet afghan to keep you warm. The Old Fashioned Evergreen… Continue reading: "Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easiest Crochet Blanket Pattern With V Stitch
- The Eleventh Hour Throw Blanket
- Solid Double Crochet Spiral Circle
- Cuddly Soft C2c Baby Blanket
- Puffed V-stitch Section
- Staggered Posts Section
- Alpine Stitch Section
- Double Pebble Stitch Section
- Crochet A Leaf Applique Quick And Easy Crochet Pattern
- How To Crochet Seamless Spiral Circle With Raised Ridges
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions