17 Elegant and Easy Crochet Flower Granny Squares and Afghans
These crochet flower patterns allow you to bring a bountiful (crocheted) garden inside your home.
By: Krista Childers, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
From sunflowers to violets to a mixture of your favorite floral elements in one, these 17 Elegant and Easy Crochet Flower Granny Squares and Afghans are going to help you create a beautiful bouquet for your next granny square afghan. Not only are these granny square patterns covered in delightful flowers, but each one is just as different and unique as the next. Many of these fabulous flower patterns are also found as full tutorials in our free eBook, How To Crochet 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares, which is a handy and printable collection. We have even more ideas here.
In this collection, you will find vintage, modern, and unexpected patterns. These stunning squares and adorable afghans are each one-of-a-kind and fitting for every type of crocheter. You will find the perfect crochet granny square or afghan for your taste and skills. When it's chilly in winter, you can improve your mood by crocheting up some gorgeous roses, black-eyed Susans, posies, and more. When it's sunny and your garden is blooming, you can find inspiration to crochet up even more. That's why these granny square patterns are great year-round.
With this eBook, each crochet pattern is a little different from the next so there are plenty of options. It’s a wildflower garden of crochet flowers and it’s up to you to pick your own bouquet. Get your copy here: How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares free eBook
Flower Crochet Squares
These crochet granny squares may not smell sweet as they look, but the stunning stitches and colors make these stand out just as much as the flowers in your garden. From 3D flowers that are practically jumping off the page to subtle, simple styles, these granny square patterns are not to be missed. Use complementary colors and join these floral squares together into a comfy afghan or keep them for other uses. The sky is the limit!
- Blooming Violet SquareWith the help of the popcorn stitch, you can make your very own flower crochet square. Use two shades of any one color to create the gradient effect of flower petals. This crochet granny square is extra puffy and soft. Connecting different colored Blooming Violet Squares together would make a cuddly and colorful baby blanket for spring. If you don’t know how to do the popcorn stitch, this tutorial has instructions for creating popcorn stitches so you can practice before you begin this adorable square.
- Granny Square Flower TuteThis crochet square uses sunny earth tones to create a warm feeling flower. In this free eBook you will find the full instructions to make this flower crochet square and a step-by-step photo tutorial. This is a very easy to understand square, especially for those learning how to crochet a flower for the first time. The granny square starts with a magic ring and from there you will begin to see your flower unfold and bloom into a wonderful square to use in crochet afghans and other projects.
- Periwinkle Flower SquareNamed after its beautiful color, this floral square is about to become your favorite granny square pattern. Flower crochet squares come in a variety of colors, but the more vibrant the better. The finished square is 6x6 inches and crochets up nicely. A few of these flower squares combined with basic granny squares would make a wonderful granny square afghan.
- Kata SquareEveryone loves the Kata Square. Maybe it’s because of its sweet pastel colors or maybe it’s because of the layers of crochet petals. Whatever it is, the finished crochet flower square is a sweet and chic granny square to try. This is a 12-inch granny square which makes crocheting an afghan easier since the crochet flower squares are large. You can also make this square as a nine and a half inch square if you want a smaller afghan. The choice is up to you, but it will be hard to resist such a charming flower crochet square.
- Wild Child Flower Days Granny SquareBright, bold and vibrant - three words that perfectly sum up the Wild Child Flower Days Granny Square. Worked up with shades deep purples and oranges, this floral granny square is a colorful treat for any crochet granny afghan you're making. Use any combination of colors for this design to fit any room's decor. This design would look fantastic in shades of blue, white and gray for winter and in brighter pinks and greens for the spring!
- Petals of Spring SquareThis is an intricate flower crochet pattern with layers of purple petals and a detailed border. The pattern instructions for these granny squares are detailed as well and easy to follow. Looking at this square, it almost looks like the top of a rose with layers of petals tightly wrapped together. With the Petals of Spring Square, you can welcome spring with a new afghan full of blooming crochet granny squares.
- Wrinkled Rose Crochet Granny SquareBring the blooming flowers and spring air inside as you work up this crochet granny square pattern. With a small, textured crochet flower in the middle, surrounded by basic crochet stitches that form a square, this granny square is truly a delight. Add this into any granny square afghan as an accent piece to give your blanket - and your living room - that pop of color.
- Granny with FlowerFor the visual learners out there, this free crochet pattern is a life-saver. Start by following a handy crochet chart to make the flower for this granny square. Then follow the thorough photo tutorial to crochet the granny square right onto the flower itself. It’s a unique and easy-to-understand pattern that you are bound to fall in love with.
- Eureka Flower SquareWhen you crochet this flower square, you’ll be squealing “Eureka!” with delight! It’s such a cute and colorful pattern. Featured on the cover of the eBook, you can see why crocheting many of these flower crochet squares can be addicting and rewarding. These squares are like yarn candy and are super sweet to crochet. Breathe in the fresh smell of crochet flowers that make you smile.
- Black Eyed Susan SquaresBlack Eyed Susans are usually orange or yellow with a black center. With crochet, you can make a variety of these flowers in any color you like. This granny square pattern is much like a basic granny square so it’s good for beginners. Crocheted flat and not three-dimensional, this square will crochet up much quicker than others. If you’re a visual learner, this pattern also comes with a chart to help you see the crochet stitches.
- Crochet Flower Bunch Granny SquareThe Crochet Flower Bunch Granny Square is a springtime delight! The way this granny square is structured is really interesting because it features a central crochet flower that's surrounded by a square, but each of the flower petals is an individual crochet flower. This flower-composed floral granny square features soft textures and subtle shades of pink on top of a neutral cream shade, but rework this with bright and bold colors or anything you'd like to put your own spin on this square.
Flower Crochet Afghans
Now that you have some pretty granny squares under your belt, it's time to make some crochet afghan patterns that are equally floral. You won't believe the beauty in these easy crochet blanket patterns. Some are a little out of the easy range but you can simply if needed. Either way, you will find some stunning flower afghan pattern that you won't want to wait to make!
- Springtime Posies ThrowMaking flower motifs has never been easier. With a helpful color diagram and easy to follow instructions, this crochet throw is a joy to make. Each motif is single crocheted together in strips and then the strips are then stitched together. This throw makes a wonderful gift.
- Modern Flower AfghanIf you’re looking to spice things up a bit, the Modern Flower Afghan is definitely a great crochet pattern to try. After making 35 flower crochet motifs, you then stitch them together to complete the afghan. These flower motifs have four main petals and this gives them their modern look. The color scheme for this crochet afghan is quite nice too, though you can make these flowers in just about any color to create a superb crochet blanket.
- Colorful Country Flowers ThrowThis is one of those crochet afghans that just makes you smile when you see it. Happy yellow, pretty pink, and gorgeous green yarn makes this finished afghan the perfect spring crochet throw. Using the popcorn stitch, you can create puffy pink flower petals for these crochet squares. The Country Flowers Throw has a nice scalloped border to finish it off.
- Vintage Daisy Granny Square BlanketTry this Vintage Daisy Granny Square Blanket for a little taste of something old and something new. With a great crochet flower pattern, this throw definitely gives off a lovely sixties vibe. Put together a bunch of these colorful crochet granny squares to make a beautiful masterpiece. A granny square blanket like this can liven up an entire room. These crochet flowers have a chunky texture that makes them look three dimensional, giving this granny square blanket even more character!
- Wildflower Crochet Granny Square BlanketThe Wildflower Crochet Granny Square Blanket truly looks like a flower-filled meadow because of the different sizes of granny squares used in this crochet baby blanket. Using both variegated and solid yarn, this vivid patchwork of colors comes together for an unforgettable baby blanket design that anyone would be pleased to receive or display.
- Any room in your house will be more elegant and colorful when decorated with the English Rose Granny Square Crochet Pattern. Each granny square has its own 3D rose blooming out of it. With the colors of the roses, you can go for a classic and subtle look with either white or deep red, or you can go with more color.
Find even more granny square patterns in this collection of 14 Magical Crochet Blanket and Granny Square Patterns
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- DIY Christmas: 21 Free Christmas Crochet Afghan Patterns For Your Home
- Polar Bear Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Merlot Afghan Pattern
- Sweet Dreams Baby Afghan Pattern
- Ho Ho Holiday Afghan Pattern
- Types of Yarn Infographic
- Tis the Season Granny Square Afghan
- Vibrant Stripes Easy Crochet Blanket
- What is Mile a Minute Crochet and How Do I Start?
- Shades of Amber Tunisian Afghan