This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Stacking Whirls Crochet Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This is a lovely Tunisian crochet quilt, which you can make in your own size. You can adapt size by making more or less squares. Mine is a throw size made in DK yarn. It Is made in Tunisian simple stitch. You will learn how to join-while-you-go technique and how to work short rows. I have added a border in honey comb stitch, but you can personalize your blanket by using any border you like."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook, I/9 or 5.5 mm hook, J/10 or 6 mm hook, K/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Finished SizeAny size you like
If you are a beginner start with the square with the border around it. It is ideal to practice your tension and the join-as-you-go technique. It also learns you how to decrease and increase The Swirl square need more attentiion and has short rows, increase and decrease parts. Read carefully, there are step-by-step instruction in the pattern included
You need to sew or crochet the blocks together.
I included a honey comb Tunisian border. This is one of theborders that will not curl. Ofcourse you are free to choose your own favorite border to personalize your blanket.
Read NextPatchwork Quilt-Ghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
You will be absolutely amazed by how fast you can work up this Quick Corner to Corner Crochet Baby Blanket! Corner to corner patterns… Continue reading: "Quick Corner to Corner Crochet Baby Blanketvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Lamb Stitch Stripes Section
- Basic Crochet Animal Face Applique One Pattern For All
- Chocolate Waffle Crochet Blanket
- Raised Square Crochet Blanket Motif
- Quick And Easy Crochet Texture Blanket
- Harbor Mist Incredibly Easy Blanket Pattern
- How Do You Crochet A Half Solid Hexagon Without Gaps And Holes
- Single Crochet Square Motif Pattern
- How To Make A Pointed Crochet Solid Half Hexagon
- How Do You Make A Easy Crochet Plaid Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions