- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Sedge Stitch Tutorial and Afghan Square
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Don't just work up a boring dishcloth or crochet square, let's add some texture and interest to an otherwise mundane crochet task. The Sedge Stitch Tutorial and Afghan Square will show you how to crochet using a new stitch. It's an easy tutorial to follow and it'll add so much depth to your patterns. Maybe you'll work up a whole crochet blanket using this great stitch. You can use variegated yarn to make an even cooler square or dishcloth. The possibilities are endless with the sedge stitch.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Read NextCrochet Scraptastic Granny Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
May 19, 2018
I like learning new stitches and this Sedge Stitch Tutorial is a great way to learn how to do it. The 3 simple/basic stitches make a nice looking thick material. It will make a good dish cloth or face cloth. I like that there is a picture for every row showing just how do do it. I'll be making a few of these out of cotton yarn and think they would look nice in a cute basket. Great gift idea too. Thank you so much for sharing this free crochet stitch tutorial.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Bohemian Lace Afghan
Embrace the lace and try the Bohemian Lace Afghan. Written in 3 different sizes, this lacy crochet pattern is versatile and great for… Continue reading: "Bohemian Lace Afghan"
- Crochet Scraptastic Granny Blanket
- Knit-Look Chunky Afghan
- Zig-zag Blanket
- Bright Beginnings Crochet Blanket
- Coral Reefs Blanket
- Latte Delight Crochet Blanket
- Ocean Paradise Crochet Throw Blanket
- 22 Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- Royal Icing Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Rainbow (any Size) Free Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Corner To Corner C2c Mini Bean Stitch Square & Rectangle
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions