8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Pinwheel Crochet Bedspread Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Simple, chic, and elegant are all words that come to mind when looking at this Pinwheel Crochet Bedspread Pattern. With its delicate swirling wheels motif, this free tutorial teaches you how to crochet a blanket that's unique and effortlessly chic. The white compliments any and all color schemes, so don't worry about it matching your decor. The blanket color beneath the afghan peeks through the wheels to create the best bedding combination ever.
Crochet Hook6 or 1.8 mm hook (steel)
Yarn Weight(1) Super Fine (27-32 stitches to 4 inches)
- Bernat® Handicrafter® Crochet Thread™ Solids: (3 oz/85 g; 371 yds/339 m or 14 oz/400 g; 1746 yds/1596 m) Soft White (31005) 85 g ball - 28 balls or Soft White (32005) 400 g ball - 6 balls
- Crochet Hook: Size U.S. 6 (1.75 mm) steel crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Stitch marker
Size: Approx 90" x 95" [228.5 x 241.5 cm].
Gauge: 30 sc and 32 rows = 4" [10 cm]. Motif = Approx 7½" [19 cm] between sides.
Abbreviations: Approx = Approximately, Beg = Beginning, Ch = Chain(s), Cont = Continue, Rnd(s) = Round(s), Sc = Single crochet, Sl st = Slip stitch, Sp(s) = Space(s), Tog = Together, Tr = Treble crochet
MOTIF (Make 149):
Ch 4. Join with sl st into first ch to form a ring.
1st round: Ch 1. (1 sc. Ch 5) 6 times in ring. Join with sl st to first sc.
2nd round: Ch 1. 1 sc in first ch-5 sp. (Ch 4. Miss next sc. 1 sc in next ch-5 sp) 5 times. Ch 4. Join with sl st to first sc.
3rd round: Ch 4 (counts as tr). 1 tr in same sp as last sl st. 2 tr in first ch-4 sp. (Ch 4. 2 tr in next sc. 2 tr in next ch-4 sp) 5 times. Do not join in rnd. Place a marker on last st to mark end of rnd. Cont moving this marker at end of each subsequent rnd.
4th round: (Ch 4. Miss next tr. 1 tr in each of next 2 tr. 2 tr in next tr. 2 tr in next ch-3 sp) 6 times.
5th round: (Ch 4. Miss next tr. 1 tr in each of next 4 tr. 2 tr in next tr. 2 tr in next ch-4 sp) 6 times.
6th round: (Ch 4. Miss next tr. 1 tr in each of next 6 tr. 2 tr in next tr. 3 tr in next ch-4 sp) 6 times.
7th round: (Ch 4. Miss next tr. 1 tr in each of next 9 tr. 2 tr in next tr. 3 tr in next ch-4 sp) 6 times.
8th round: (Ch 4. Miss next tr. 1 tr in each of next 12 tr. 2 tr in next tr. 4 tr in next ch-4 sp) 6 times.
9th round: (Ch 4. Miss next tr. 1 tr in each of next 16 tr. 2 tr in next tr. 4 tr in next ch-4 sp) 6 times.
10th round: (Ch 4. Miss next tr. 1 tr in each of next 20 tr. 2 tr in next tr. 4 tr in next ch-4 sp) 6 times. Ch 4. Join with sl st in first tr. Fasten off.
FINISHING: Pin Motifs to measurements. Cover with damp cloth, leaving to dry. Sew Motifs tog as shown in diagram.
1st round: Join thread with sl st to any tr. Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as sl st. Work 1 sc in each tr, 3 sc in each ch-4 sp at bottom of V and 6 sc at outer points around. Join with sl st to first sc.
2nd round: Ch 1. Working from left to right, instead of right to left as usual, work 1 reverse sc in each sc around. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
Read NextBeach House Granny Square Afghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jun 28, 2017
Very pretty and unique. I love the way the pinwheels interlock, making it so there really is no center starting point when looking at them. It is nice and large too, big enough to cover a full or queen sized bed properly. Matching shams, or accent pillows in a contrasting colour would look lovely with this.
auntyshanny 880184 7
Jan 23, 2017
Hi, I was lucky enough to find this exact item at a second hand store that I frequent. Lucky, because as much as I love crocheting this would take too long for me. If a project takes too long I start to lose interest. It is very lovely, I use it as a tablecloth!
May 02, 2016
This blanket is indeed fit for a queen. Very beautiful. Thanks for the pattern which is just in front of the page.
Apr 04, 2016
Also you can tell if a pattern is UK or US as the UK patterns don't use the term sc, for single crochet. Their term for single crochet is dc. If you see sc anywhere in the pattern you can safely assume its a US pattern.
Apr 04, 2016
If you have Windows 10 use the open book pattern on the top menu bar. It won't print the diagram but will print the pattern notes. Just draw the diagram for assembly using a few of the motifs. Its 11 on the first row, 12 on the second - alternating the rows for a total of 13 rows. To print press ctrlp or use the printer icon at the bottom of the page. I don't know if Windows 8 has these icons but you can print the pattern using ctrl p but it will print pictures/colors etc. As for joining attach each motif one by one in rows then attach row by row. Make sure you alternate 11 motif rows with 12 motif rows. Also be careful what side you attach. Its easy to get lost when doing the attaching. Hope this helps.
Jun 11, 2015
How do I print this pattern??
Jun 11, 2015
How do I print this pattern??
Aug 13, 2018
Hi. Command P worked for me. A PDF pops up on the screen and you can print that neatly.
fulghum3537 659084 4
Apr 11, 2015
Does anyone know how to join as you go? Please tel me how. Thank you in advance.
opheliacat1 917573 3
Apr 07, 2015
Are abbreveiation in US or UK terminology?
Nov 03, 2014
Beautiful pattern agree with the comment of Char55 the best way is to join as you go all the motifs.
Aug 17, 2014
While the motifs themselves are easy and work up quickly. The bedspread itself isn't exactly what I would call effortless...joining 149 motifs and weaving in the ends takes a LOT of time. Although I haven't made this particular pattern, I have made similar ones.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Princess Charlotte's Christening Crochet Blanket
We all see baby girls as princesses, so give yours the royal treatment with Princess Charlotte's Christening Crochet Blanket. It's a… Continue reading: "Princess Charlotte's Christening Crochet Blanket"
- Beach House Granny Square Afghan
- Sunflower Popcorn Crochet Bedspread
- Magnificent Magnolia Bedspread
- Wedding Ring Bedspread
- Vintage 1935 Wedding Ring Crochet Bedspread
- Magnolia Afghan
- Pinwheel Crochet Bedspread Pattern
- 13 Crochet Bedspread Patterns
- 10 Free Patterns for Crochet Afghans
- Blast Off Crochet Snuggle Sack
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Color Burst Blanket Square
- How To Crochet The Granny Spike Stitch
- C2C Moss Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions