9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Sweet Rose Baby Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Crochet something different for your little one with the Sweet Rose Baby Blanket. This easy crochet baby blanket is worked up in the round in a hexagon shape, creating a unique, striped baby blanket that your baby will love. Use simple crochet stitches and the texture-friendly crochet puff stitch to create a bumpy, soft crochet baby blanket. Though this crochet pattern is for a specific size, there's nothing stopping you from continuing on in the pattern stitch and make this hexagon blanket even bigger!
1. When instructed to work into a puff V-st, work into the ch-2 space of that stitch.
2. To change color, work last stitch of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete stitch. Proceed with new color. Cut old color.
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge4 pattern repeats = 3” (7.5 cm) (one pattern repeat consists of one puff stitch and one ch-1 space); Rounds 1–5 = 6” (15 cm)
Finished Size39” (96.5 cm) diagonally from point to point
- RED HEART® Soft Baby Steps®: 2 balls 9600 White C and 1 ball each 9702 Strawberry A, 9401 Elephant B, and 9700 Baby Pink C
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 6.5mm [US K-10.5]
- Yarn needle
With A, ch 6, join with slip st in first ch to form a ring.
Round 1: Beg puff st in ring, *ch 2, puff st in ring; repeat from * 4 times, ch 2; join with slip st in beg puff st—6 puff sts and 6 ch-2 spaces.
Round 2: Slip st in first ch-2 space, beg puff V-st in same space, *ch 1, puff V-st in next ch-2 space; repeat from * 4 times, ch 1; join with slip st in beg puff st—6 puff V-sts and 6 ch-1 spaces.
Round 3: Slip st in ch-2 space of first puff V-st, beg puff V-st in same space, *ch 1, puff st in next ch-1 space, ch 1, puff V-st in next puff V-st; repeat from * 3 times, ch 1, puff st in last ch-1 space, ch 1; join with slip st in beg puff st—6 puff V-sts and 12 ch-1 spaces.
Round 4: Repeat Round 3—6 puff V-sts and 18 ch-1 spaces.
Round 5: Repeat Round 3; change to B—6 puff V-sts and 24 ch-1 spaces.
Rounds 6–30: Repeat Round 3 twenty-five times and change color as in the following color sequence: Work *1 round with B, 5 rounds with C, 1 round with B*, 5 rounds with D, 1 round with B, 5 rounds with A; repeat from * to * once—6 puff V-sts and 174 ch-1 spaces at end of Round 30.
Join D with slip st in ch-2 sp of any puff V-st, ch 4 (counts as first dc, ch 1), (dc, [ch 1, dc] 3 times) in same space (first lg shell made), *[ch 1, sc in next ch-1 space, ch 1, sm shell in next ch-1 space] across to next puff V-st**, ch 1, lg shell in next puff V-st; repeat from * around, ending last repeat at **; join with slip st in 3rd ch of beginning ch. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
- Beg puff st (beginning puff stitch)
- Pull up loop on hook ¼” (1.5 cm), yo, insert hook in indicated space, pull up a loop [yo, insert hook in same space, pull up a loop] twice (7 loops on hook) yo, pull thru all 7 loops on hook.
- Beg puff V-st (beginning puff V-stitch)
- (Beg puff st, ch 2, puff st) in indicated space.
- Lg shell (large shell)
- (dc, [ch 1, dc] 4 times) in indicated stitch.
- Puff st (puff stitch)
- Yo, insert hook in indicated space, pull up a loop [yo, insert hook in same space, pull up a loop] 3 times (7 loops on hook) yo, pull thru all 7 loops on hook
- Puff V-st (puff V-stitch)
- (Puff st, ch 2, puff st) in indicated space.
- Sm shell (small shell)
- (dc, [ch 1, dc] 2 times) in indicated stitch.
Read NextCrochet Rustic Country Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Apr 18, 2018
Love this! I can imagine baby lying down on the this blanket playing and waiting to be fed. It's so cute.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Continuous Granny Square Afghan Patternvideocam
This Continuous Granny Square Afghan Pattern is an easy crochet pattern that features the same repeating simple stitch pattern. Worked… Continue reading: "Continuous Granny Square Afghan Patternvideocam"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Textured Granny Square Block
- Agate Beach Chevron Blanket
- Cozy Corners Afghan
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Gia Afghan
- Crochet Tootie Fruity Stroller Blanket
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions