We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Create a one of a kind baby shower gift with the help of this beautiful crochet baby blanket pattern. The Sonoma Baby Blanket looks like woven strips of gorgeous fabric. Using your hook and yarn you can create a blanket full of texture and color.
This free intermediate crochet pattern is great for any crocheter looking to expand their abilities. Create a blanket that they'll treasure forever with the help of this beautiful crochet baby blanket pattern. Since most crochet baby blankets are beginner or easy, this pattern is a friendly challenge.
Crochet HookF/5 or 3.75 mm hook
Yarn Weight(2) Fine (23-26 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeOne Motif = 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"/11.5 x 11.5 cm.
Finished SizeApprox 29" x 38" [73.5cm x 96.5cm] (including border)
NaturallyCaron Spa patterns can be made with Caron Simply Soft.
NaturallyCaron.com Spa (75% Microdenier Acrylic/25% Bamboo); 6 oz (A), 6 oz (B), 6 oz (C), 6 oz (D).
Shown in: #0004 Green Sheen (A), #0007 Naturally (B); #0002 Coral Lipstick (C), #0003 Soft Sunshine (D)
- One size US F-5 (3.75 mm) crochet hook, or size to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
Looking for simple baby blankets to try? Take a look at this impressive collection and start working some up today: 40+ Quick and Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
Instructions for MOTIF:
1. To save time when assembling blanket, weave in ends as each motif is completed.
2. A dab of fabric glue or fray check applied to cut ends will prevent ends from working free.
3. To change color: work last stitch of old color to last yarn over, yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete stitch. Fasten off old color.
With A, ch 29.
Row 1: Sc in second ch from hook and in each remaining ch across, turn—28 sts.
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), dc in first sc, skip next 2 sc, [3 dc in next sc, skip next 2 sc] 8 times, 2 dc in last sc, turn.
Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first dc, ch 2, skip next 2 dc, *sc in next dc, ch 2, skip next 2 dc; repeat from * across, sc in top of turning ch, turn—9 ch-2 spaces.
Row 4: Ch 3, dc in first sc, skip next ch-2 space, [3 dc in next sc, skip next ch-2 space] 8 times, 2 dc in last sc; change to B in last dc, turn—28 sts.
Rows 5–8: With B, repeat Rows 3 and 4 twice; change to C in last dc of last row.
Rows 9–12: With C, repeat Rows 3 and 4 twice; change to D in last dc of last row.
Rows 13–16: With D, repeat Rows 3 and 4 twice.
Instructions for LARGE SQUARE:
Arrange four motifs into a large square as shown in the assembly diagram below. With yarn needle and coordinating yarn, sew the motifs together. Repeat with the remaining motifs to make a total of 12 large squares.
Instructions for FINISHING:
Arrange large squares into a rectangle of 4 rows and 3 large squares per row. With yarn needle and coordinating yarn, sew large squares together.
Instructions for BORDER:
Round 1: Join A with sc in any corner to work across short edge of blanket, sc again in same corner; work 163 sc evenly spaced across the short edge; work 3 sc in corner; work 214 sc evenly spaced across long edge; work 3 sc in corner; work 163 sc evenly spaced across other short edge; work 3 sc in corner; work 214 sc evenly spaced across other long edge; work 1 more sc in the first corner; join with sl st in first sc—766 sc.
Note: In the following instructions "corner" refers to the 3 sts worked into a corner, and "corner sc" refers to the middle sc of a corner.
Round 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in same sc as join, *ch 2, skip next sc, sc in next sc, [ch 2, skip next 2 sc, sc in next sc] across to next 3-sc corner, ch 2, 3 sc in corner sc; repeat from * 2 more times, ch 2, skip next sc, sc in next sc, [ch 2, skip next sc, sc in next sc] across to first corner, ch 2, sc again in first corner sc; join with sl st in first sc—258 ch-2 spaces. Fasten off A.
Round 3: Join B with sl st in any corner sc, ch 3 (counts as dc), 2 dc in same sc, 3 dc in next sc, *skip next ch-2 space,
[3 dc in next sc, skip next ch-2 space] across to next corner, 3 dc in next 3 sc ; repeat from * 2 more times, skip next ch-2 space, [3 dc in next sc, skip next ch-2 space] across to first corner, 3 dc in next sc; join with sl st in top of beginning ch— 266 3-dc groups. Fasten off B.
Round 4: Join C with sc in space between any two 3-dc groups, ch 2, *sc in space between next two 3-dc groups, ch 2; repeat from * around; join with sl st in first sc—266 ch-spaces. Fasten off C.
Round 5: Join D with sc in any ch-2 space, ch 3, *sc in next ch-2 space, ch 3; repeat from * around; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off D. Using yarn needle, weave in all ends. If desired, steam lightly to set stitches.
Babies and pastels go together like peanut butter and jelly. Find some of the best full tutorials in our 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets free eBook
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Adorable Nine Blocks Crochet Baby Blanket
Little Gracie Baby Blanket
Pillow Mint Fast Crochet Baby Blanket
Bobbles and Stripes Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
Baby Bloomer Crochet Baby Blanket
Quick As a Wink Baby Blanket
Forget Me Not Baby Blanket
Dreamy Basket Weave Baby Blanket Pattern
Oceanic Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
Hexa-Puff Crochet Baby Quilt
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How to Crochet the Seed Stitch
- Crochet Seed Stitch Tutorial
- 29 Crochet Shell Stitch Patterns
- Furls Crochet Jumbo Crochet Hooks
- 10 Different Crochet Stitches for Blankets
- Chic Sheep Yarn
- Crochet Throw-back Granny Chevron
- Adorable Nine Blocks Crochet Baby Blanket
- Nouveau Chic Crochet Granny Throw
- Groovy Flower Power Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions