Soften Their World Baby Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Reality can be harsh and unforgiving, so let your child seek comfort at home when she's snuggled up in the Soften Their World Baby Blanket. This easy crochet baby blanket is soft, sweet, and the ultimate soothing tool. Alternate colors to crate a subtle striped pattern. You'll learn a special stitch that allows you to give this crochet baby blanket pattern some texture as well. Even after your baby has grown up, she might have a hard time parting with this precious wrap.
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Simply Soft (170 g/6. oz;288 m/315 yds)
- Contrast A Soft Pink (9719) - 3
- Contrast B Off White (9702) - 3
- One size US J/10 (6 mm), or size to obtain gauge.
- One size US H/8 (5 mm), for border.
- Yarn needle
Size: Approximately 34"/86.5 cm wide by 37"/94 cm long, including border.
Using larger hook, 13 sts and 18 1/2 rows = 4"/10 cm.
Modified Front Post Double Crochet (Mod FPdc): Unlike a 'standard' FPdc, the st behind the posted st is NOT skipped, but is worked as part of the Modified FPdc. This will eliminate the 'hole' on the reverse side which normally occurs when working posted sts, and the reverse side will lay flat. (RS) Yarn over, insert hook from RS to WS at the side of the st indicated, bring hook around WS of st, returning to RS on the opposite side of the st, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook; insert hook into top of next sc of current row (behind FPdc), yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and draw through 3 loops on hook.
Multiple of 4 sts
Row 1: Using A, sc in second ch from hook, * dc in each of next 2 ch, sc in each of next 2 ch; repeat from * across to last 3 ch, dc in each of next 2 ch, sc in last ch, turn.
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in each st across, changing to B in last st (see Notes), turn.
Row 3: Using B, ch 1, sc in first sc, * work Mod FPdc around each of next 2 dc in second row below (Row 1), sc in each of next 2 sc; repeat from * across to last 3 sts, work Mod FPdc around each of next 2 dc in second row below, sc in last sc, turn.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2, changing to A on last sc, turn.
Row 5: Using A, ch 1, sc in first sc, * work Mod FPdc around each of next 2 Mod FPdc in second row below, sc in each of next 2 sc; repeat from * across to last 3 sts, work Mod FPdc around each of next 2 Mod FPdc in second row below, sc in last sc, turn.
Row 6: Repeat Row 2, changing to B on last sc, turn.
Row 7: Repeat Row 5. Repeat Rows 4 – 7 for Stitch pattern.
1. When changing colors at end of row, change to new color while working last st as follows: Insert hook and pull up loop with current color, yarn over with next color and draw through 2 loops (sc completed).
2. Colors are alternated every 2 rows; when changing colors, do NOT fasten off previous color; carry it along side of work. When working first round of Border, work OVER carried yarn for a neat edge.
Using larger hook and A, chain 105. Begin Stitch pattern—104 sts after Row 1. Work even in Stitch pattern until a total of 161 rows have been completed. Fasten off B. BORDER Change to smaller hook; continue with A.
Round 1: Ch 1, work 3 sc in side of last sc worked (corner), * sc in each row end along side edge; working 3 sc in corner st *; sc in each unworked loop of beginning ch (lower edge), working 3 sc in corner st; repeat * to * once, sc in each st across upper edge, join with a slip st to first sc.
Round 2: Ch 1, working in back loop only, sc in each sc around, working 3 sc in each corner st (center st of 3-sc at corners), join with a slip st to first sc. Fasten off A; join B with a slip st in any corner st.
Round 3: Using B, repeat Round 2. Fasten off.
Using yarn needle, weave in all ends.
Check out these
for some more crochet ideas!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Irish Wave Crochet Baby Blanket
- Toasted Pink Marshmallow Easy Crochet Blanket
- Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket
- Circle Square Baby Afghan
- Baby Blue Waffle-ghan
- 30+ Quick and Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Sweet Treat Baby Blanket
- Precious Pink Baby Blanket Pattern
- Thermal Stitch Preemie Afghan
- Angelic Baby Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Dizzy Double Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Super Simple Granny Square Pattern
- Baby Bear Corner to Corner Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Dotted Doubles Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Bluebell Baby Crochet Afghan
- Little Prince Baby Crochet Afghan
- Mountain Streams Baby Crochet Afghan
- Warm Ridges Granny Square Pattern
- Color Wheel Granny Square Afghan Pattern
- Chinese Puzzle Crochet Stitch Tutorial and Square