- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Dreamy Basket Weave Baby Blanket Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Try saying this new pattern three times fast: Dreamy Basket Weave Baby Blanket Pattern. We promise that it's easier to work up than it is to say! Basket weave is so cute to use for a baby blanket crochet pattern, especially if you are using it as a gift for a baby shower. As far as beginner crochet patterns go, this one is extremely simple to take for a test run. Don't worry, the expecting mother will love how soft and lovely this crochet pattern is, no matter if it's perfect or not.
Crochet HookL/11 or 8 mm hook
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge9 sts and 5 rows = 4 [10 cm] in Basketweave Pat.
Finished SizeApprox 30" x 36"
- Bernat® Baby Blanket™ (10.5 oz/300 g; 220 yds/201 m) - Little Cosmos (04128) 4 balls
- Size U.S. L/11 (8 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
Find more adorable baby blanket ideas in our collection of 40+ Quick and Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
Ch 3 at beg of row counts as dc.
1st row: (RS). 1 dc in 4th ch from hook (counts as 2 dc). 1 dc in each st to end of chain. Turn. 78 sts.
2nd row: Ch 3. *FPdc around each of next 4 sts. BPdc around each of next 4 sts. Rep from * to last st. 1 dc in top of turning ch 3. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 3. *BPdc around each next 4 sts. FPdc around each of next 4 sts. Rep from * to last st. 1 dc in top of turning ch 3. Turn.
4th row: Ch 3. *BPdc around each of next 4 sts. FPdc around each of next 4 dc. Rep from * to last st. 1 dc in top of turning ch 3. Turn.
5th row: Ch 3. *FPdc around each of next 4 dc. BPdc around each of next 4 sts. Rep from * to last st. 1 dc in top of turning ch 3. Turn.
Rep 2nd to 5th rows for Basketweave Pat until piece measures 35” [89 cm]. Do not fasten off.
Edging: Ch 2. 1 hdc in each st across to last st. 3 hdc in last st (corner). (Work hdc evenly across side to corner. 3 hdc in next corner) 3 times. Work hdc evenly up last side, ending with 2 hdc in base of beginning ch 2. Join with sl st to first hdc. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
- Yoh and draw up a loop around post of next stitch at back of work, inserting hook from right to left. (Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice.
- Double crochet
- Yoh and draw up a loop around post of next stitch at front of work, inserting hook from right to left. (Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice
- Half double crochet
- Sl st
- Slip stitch
- Yarn over hook
You will become a crocheting pro in no time with these easy tutorials for basic stitches. Get your free copy here:
Read NextMorning Light Baby Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Feb 27, 2018
Wow. Huge basketweave for baby and the yarn used has a unique color pattern. It's not the ordinary yarn used for baby stuff. I wish there was this kind of yarn where I'm located. Cheers.
nerdiebabii 358580 2
Oct 03, 2016
When you're doing the border do you hdc in the front or back post? Or is it just the stitches above the row?
ahutterer621 79766 22
Aug 22, 2016
I'm making this blanket now and I love it so far. The only issue I'm having is that I've already used about 2 1/2 balls of yard and I've only got about 8 inches of blanket done. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Sep 30, 2015
I'm working on this blanket right now. It's going to be a gift. It's so much prettier in person. I'm using the combo with lilac in it. Not very difficult and it works up very quickly. (Which is a good thing, because my grandson loves the way it feels and wants one of his own.)
Aug 22, 2015
What does " 1 dc in top of turning" mean?
Jul 21, 2015
No. The six pertains to the weight of the yarn - how heavy it is. This is a heavy-weight yarn........ Little Cosmo is the name of the yarn to use, and you need 4 balls of that yarn to make the blanket. As to where to find the book about understanding patterns I can't help with that. I do know there are places on the internet that have the information... just do a search for it. Finding the blog is super easy. Just look at the header and click where you see the word blog.
Jul 19, 2015
I know this sounds stupid but I dont understand the pattern mostly how to read the supplies. This is 6 of one yarn and 4 little cosmo balls? I saw a book on here about reading/understanding patterns but cant find it. There is a blog? Cant find it. Your site is packed with beautiful work and I am itching to make this. Any advice? I last crochetted 30 years ago...
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The Royal Parlor Grannyvideocam
Make a granny square pattern that is truly fit for royalty. With a big crochet flower, The Royal Parlor Granny is elegant and pretty.… Continue reading: "The Royal Parlor Grannyvideocam"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- Melissa Throw
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet Summer Baby Blanket
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions