We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
The Darling Dots Crochet Afghan is the perfect baby afghan for any little one in your life. The blue, turquoise, and cream colors work perfectly in any nursery. Your baby will love snuggling up with this warm and cozy blanket. Plus, the dot pattern is visually appealing and will certainly keep your wee one interested. Work up this baby afghan crochet pattern for yourself or present a mommy-to-be with a beautiful handmade gift. This afghan will be a hit at any baby shower you attend, so prepare yourself for a lot of compliments!
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeOne Square = 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 in. (14.5 x 14.5 cm).
- 924-109 Lion Brand Modern Baby: Blue
- 2 Balls (A)
- 924-148 Lion Brand Modern Baby: Turquoise
- 2 Balls (B)
- 924-098 Lion Brand Modern Baby: Cream
- 5 Balls (C)
- Lion Brand Crochet Hook - Size G-6 (4 mm)
- Lion Brand Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
Size: One Size, About 30 x 36 in. (76 x 91.5 cm)
Adjustable Ring Method
Wrap yarn around index finger. Insert hook into ring on finger, yarn over and draw up a loop. Carefully slip ring from finger and work the stitches of Rnd 1 (in pattern, below) into the ring. When Rnd 1 is complete, gently but firmly, pull tail to tighten center of ring.
- Afghan is made from 30 Squares sewn tog following Assembly Diagram.
- A border is worked around outer edge of Afghan.
- Each Square is worked in joined rnds with RS always facing.
- To change color at the end of a rnd, work the joining sl st as follows: Insert hook in the first st of the rnd (this may be the top of a beg ch), yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete joining sl st. Proceed with new color. Fasten off old color.
Square 1 (make 15)
With A, make an adjustable ring.
Rnd 1: With A, ch 3 (counts as first dc in this and in all following rnds), 11 dc in ring; join with sl st in top of beg ch – 12 dc.
Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in same st as joining, 2 dc in each dc around; join with sl st in top of beg ch – you will have 24 dc at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 3: Ch 3, dc in same st as joining, dc in next st, *2 dc in next st, dc in next st; rep from * around; join with sl st in top of beg ch – 36 dc.
Rnd 4: Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, sc in each st around; join with sl st in first sc.
Change to C.
Fasten off A.
Rnd 5: With C, ch 6 (counts as first tr, ch 2), tr in same st (first corner made), dc in next 2 sts, hdc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, hdc in next st, dc in next 2 sts, *(tr, ch 2, tr) in next st (corner made), dc in next 2 sts, hdc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, hdc in next st, dc in next 2 sts; rep from * around; join with sl st in 4th ch of beg ch – you will have 40 sts and 4 corner ch-2 sps at the end of this rnd.
Rnds 6 and 7: Ch 3, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in first corner ch-2 sp, *dc in each st to next corner ch-2 sp, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next corner ch-2 sp; rep from * 2 more times, dc in each st to end of rnd; join with sl st in top of beg ch – you will have 72 dc and 4 corner ch-2 sps at the end of Rnd 7.
Rnd 8: Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, *sc in each st to next corner ch-2 sp, 3 sc in corner ch-2 sp; rep from * 3 more times, sc in each st to end of rnd; join with sl st in first sc – 84 sc.
For even more crazy cute crochet baby blanket patterns, check out 30+ Quick and Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns.
Square 2 (make 15)
Make same as Square 1, using B for Rnds 1-4 and C for Rnds 5-8.
Following diagram, sew Squares in to 5 strips of 6 Squares each. Sew strips tog to make Afghan.
From RS, join B with sl st in any st along outer edge of Afghan.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc in each st around; join with sl st in first sc.
From RS, join A with sl st in any st of Rnd 1.
Rnd 2: With A, ch 1, *sc in next st, sc in back loop only of next st; rep from * around, working 3 sc in back loop only of each corner st; join with sl st in first sc.
Weave in ends.
beg = begin(s)(ning)
ch(s) = chain(s)
ch-space = space previously made
dc = double crochet
hdc = half double crochet
rep = repeat(s)(ing)
rnd(s) = round(s)
RS = right side
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
sp(s) = space(s)
st(s) = stitch(es)
tog = together
tr = treble (triple) crochet
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Rippled Security Blanket
- Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Quick C2C Baby Blanket
- Jasie Crochet Baby Blanket
- Sweet Shells Crochet Edging and Baby Bonnet
- Peter Cottontail Easy Crochet Blanket
- Snuggly Crochet Baby Blanket With Moss Stitch
- Criss-Cross Applesauce Afghan
- Bright and Bold Crochet Baby Blanket
- Coziest Crochet Baby Blanket
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Christmas Llama
- Marjorie Blanket
- Flower Medley Blanket
- Koala C2c Throw
- I'll Be Home For Christmas Throw
- Desert Cactus C2c Throw
- Fast And Easy Speckled Chunky Yarn Blanket
- Easy Rectangle Log Cabin Blanket
- Teal Waves Crochet Blanket
- Easy Football Field Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions