8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Fall Weekend Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Cozy up with a good book and a cup of tea when you snuggle up under the Fall Weekend Throw. This colorful crochet afghan pattern works up quickly and easily. You can customize this crochet throw blanket pattern for any season by simply choosing different colors of yarn, or you can choose a loved one's favorite colors and give this Fall Weekend Throw as a homemade gift. The Fall Weekend throw uses an open weave style, so you'll be perfectly cozy on a rainy afternoon or a snowy evening.
Crochet HookQ or 16mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Yarn
- 5 Balls 860-203 Autumn Print (A)
- 5 Balls 860-133 Brick (B)
- 5 Balls 860-135 Rust (C)
- Size Q-19 crochet hook
- Large-Eye blunt needles (set of 6)
Size: 45" x 60"
Gauge: 3 V-sts + 4 rows = 6" in pattern with 3 strands of yarn held together.
Note: Throw is worked with 1 strand of each color held together throughout.
Starting at bottom edge of the throw, with 1 strand each of A, B and C held together, loosely ch 67.
Row 1: Dc in 5th ch from hook, ch 1, dc in same st, * sk 2 ch, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch; rep from * to last 2 ch, sk 1 ch, dc in last ch.
Row 2: Ch 3, turn, *(dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch-1 sp - one V-st made; repeat from * across, ending with dc in top of turning-ch.
Rep Row 2 until 39 rows have been completed. Fasten off.
Edging: From RS, join 1 strand of each yarn and work 1 row of sc evenly along each side edge of throw.
Finishing: Weave in ends.
Read NextWarm Crochet Plaid Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Aug 23, 2020
I just highlight the pattern and put it in a word document. I have never used three strands together. I probably will use only one strand . It will take longer to make, but I have time! First I am retired, second with Covid I stay home a lot more than ever!
Aug 23, 2016
Very appropriate name - Fall Weekend Throw. In a few weeks time it's gonna be fall and this kind of throw will come in handy. The color will match the color of fall.
Aug 08, 2015
This pattern is taking much longer than the "under 6 hours" promised. I like it enough but I will never use 3 strands again. Why not just use chunkier yarn? More time spent untangling than crocheting. My first afghan. Not the best choice. Plus 15 balls! super expensive. What was I thinking?
Mar 17, 2014
I don't understand why you post these patterns when it forces me to download an ebook? How about just giving the pattern as YOU post it?
Oct 17, 2013
where is the pattern the link doesn't lead to it
Oct 17, 2013
Where is the pattern, I've tried to click on the picture, the 2 links, and it doesn't come up!?
Oct 17, 2013
you can find the pattern on the Lion Brand website, pattern number 90338. Be aware that the pattern uses 5 skeins each of 3 different colors, not 5 skeins like it says at the top of this page.
Oct 02, 2013
There is no pattern, just the description.
Oct 02, 2013
Hi Donnaminer, Please click 'click here for pattern'. It is actually linked to our friends at FaveCrafts and is available in their free eBook for Homemade Christmas Gifts. Happy crocheting! - editors of AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Bohemian Lace Afghan
Embrace the lace and try the Bohemian Lace Afghan. Written in 3 different sizes, this lacy crochet pattern is versatile and great for… Continue reading: "Bohemian Lace Afghan"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Corner To Corner C2c Mini Bean Stitch Square & Rectangle
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions