We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
This precious Patchwork Plaid Baby Blanket will be a hit with your bouncing baby boy or girl. This plaid crochet afghan is soft and cuddly, just like your child. Follow this patchwork crochet blanket pattern using soft pastel yarn, and you'll have the perfect wrap to keep in the crib. The multicolored border is a blend of pastel shades that will soothe your little one. Plus, as your child grows, this handmade blanket will become a treasured keepsake.
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Simply Soft (113 g/4. oz;190 m/208 yds)
- Contrast A Baby Brights Ombre (9801) - 1
Simply Soft (170 g/6. oz;288 m/315 yds)
- Contrast B Orchid (9717) - 1
- Contrast C Soft Blue (9712) - 1
- Contrast D Soft Pink (9719) - 1
Size: Approximately 32" x 43"
16 dc sts = 4”; 2 dc rows = 1”
Note: Except where indicated, when joining a new color, carry the unused color along, working dc sts around it. At the beginning of the join, fold end piece across work to crochet around ; at the end of the color that was joined, cut a 2 or 3 inch tail, and carry it along to work around for this avoids weaving in of loose ends.
Row 1: Beginning with B, ( orchid ) ch 102 loosely, dc in 4th chain from hook and in each of next 18 chs, join color A (baby brights ) at last step of the last dc. (You should have 20 dcs of color B.) With A dc in next 20 chs, picking up color B. With B dc in next 20 chs, picking up color A . With A dc in next 20 chs, picking up color B. Cut color A leaving a 2 or 3 in. tail. Dc in next 20 chs. You should now have 100 dcs across row. (20 dcs B, 20 dcs A, 20 dcs B, 20 dcs A, 20 dcs B)
Row 2: With B, ch 3, turn. ( ch 3 counts as 1 dc ). Dc in next 19 dcs, join color A at the last step of the last dc. Working across row, work 20 dc with A, 20 dc with B, 20 dc with A, 20 dc with B.
Rows 3 -10: Repeat Row 2. At the end of row 10, do not cut color A as it will be picked up at the end of the row to start the beginning color of Row 11. Finish off color B at the end of Row 10.
Row 11: With A, ch 3, turn. Dc in next 19 dcs, join color D (soft pink ). Working across row, work 20 dc with D, 20 dc with A, 20 dc with D, 20 dc with A.
Rows 12 - 20: Repeat row 11. At the end of row 20, join color C (soft blue ). Colors A & D will be finished off.
Row 21: With C, ch 3, turn. Dc in next 19 dcs, join color A. Working across row, work 20 dcs with A, 20 dcs with C, 20 dcs with A, 20 dcs with C.
Rows 22 - 30: Repeat row 21. At the end of row 30, do not cut color A as it will be picked up at the end of the row to start the beginning color of row 31. Finish off color C at the end of Row 30.
Row 31: Repeat row 11.
Rows 32 - 40: Repeat rows 12 - 20.
Row 41: Repeat row 21
Rows 42 - 50: Repeat rows 22 - 30.
Row 51: Repeat row 11.
Rows 52 - 60: Repeat rows 12 - 20, except at the end of row 60, instead of joining color C, join color B.
Row 61 - 70: Repeat row 2. Finish off.
Round 1: Starting in any corner, with right side facing, join color A w/sl st. Ch 1, 3 sc in same space (corner made ) sc around outside edge of work, 1 sc in each st across top and bottom, 2 sc in each row down sides, remembering to work 3 sc in same space in each corner. End round by joining with sl st in beginning ch 1.
Round 2: Ch 3, (do not turn) 2 dc in same space, (corner made) work 1 dc in each st of previous round, working 3 dc in each corner, ending with sl st in beginning ch 3.
Round 3: Repeat round 2. Finish Off. Weave in loose ends.
Care Instructions: MACHINE WASH and DRYING INSTRUCTIONS: Machine Wash: warm water, gentle cycle. Machine Dry: low heat, delicate cycle.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Make a granny square pattern that is truly fit for royalty. With a big crochet flower, The Royal Parlor Granny is elegant and pretty.… Continue reading: "The Royal Parlor Grannyvideocam"
- Pretty in Pink Baby Afghan
- Princess Crocodile Stitch Baby Blanket
- Irish Wave Crochet Baby Blanket
- Quick C2C Baby Blanket
- Technicolor Cable Crochet Baby Blanket
- Rippling Rainbow Blanket Pattern
- Candy Coated Cable Crochet Baby Blanket
- Bundle in Blue Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Cabled Baby Blanket
- Quick and Easy Rainbow V-Stitch Babyghan
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Diamond Quilt C2c Graphgan
- Mountain Trail Tweed Blanket
- Skipping Rocks Baby Blanket
- Blushing Ruffle Granny Square Blanket
- Puffs And Double V-stitch Square
- Bobbles And Spokes Square
- Popcorns And V-stitch Square
- Frosted Window Square
- Spring Is On The Way Square
- Serene Petals Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions