Fast Irish Panels Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Create amazing flowery crochet lace patterns in no time! The Fast Irish Panels Throw has a classic panel format, making it perfect for travel. You can take this amazing mile-a-minute project wherever you go! The intricate crochet shell stitch pattern gives these panels an elegant lace look that almost resembles crochet flowers. If you're interested in fast crochet projects, crochet blanket patterns like this one are just for you. With the help of this crochet tutorial, you'll be making these lacy diamonds in no time.
Did you know that Irish Crochet Lace helped to save Ireland’s economy in the mid-1800s? After the potato famine in Ireland, lace making became a craft that saved young, poor Irishwomen. Soon, Irish lace became a popular choice in major cities of the world including Paris, London, Dublin and San Francisco. As popularity grew into the late 1800s it was added into furniture and wedding gowns. Renowned for its beauty, it’s no wonder the classic crochet lace patterns are still around today!
Crochet Hook: H/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
For more great mile-a-minute patterns, check out Mile-a-Minute Crochet: 12 Speedy Crochet Blanket Patterns.
- RED HEART® “Soft Yarn”: 10 balls 4601 Off White A, 4 balls each 9623 Spearmint B and 9523 Dark Leaf C.
- Hook: 5mm [US H-8].
- Yarn needle.
Size: Throw measures 56” x 72”.
Gauge: One repeat of 14 sts = 4” in pattern; panel measures 8” wide. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Panels (Make 7):
- With A ch 228.
- Round 1 (Right Side): 2 Dc in 4th ch from hook, * ch 3, skip next 3 ch, sc in next 7 ch, ch 3, skip next 3 ch **, 5 dc in next ch; repeat from * to last ch, end at **; (3 dc, ch 5, 3dc) all in last ch; now work in remaining loops of beginning ch and repeat from * across, end at **; 3 dc in same ch as first 2 dc, ch 5; join with a slip st to top of ch-3.
- Round 2: Slip st in next dc; (ch 3, 4 dc) all in same dc –beginning shell made; * ch 3, skip next sc, sc in next 5sc, ch 3, skip next dc; 5 dc in next dc –shell made **; ch3, skip next dc, shell in next dc; repeat from * across, end at **; † ch 5, 3 sc in ch-5 space, ch 5 †, skip next dc, shellin next dc; repeat from * across, end at **; repeat from † to†; join to ch-3.
- Round 3: Slip st in next 2 dc, beginning shell in same dc,* ch 3, skip next sc, sc in next 3 sc, ch 3; shell in 3rd dc of next shell –shell over shell made **; ch 3, sc in ch-3 space, ch 3, shell over shell; repeat from * across, end at**; † ch 5, sc in ch-5 space, ch 5, sc in next sc, ch 5, skip next sc, sc in next sc, ch 5, sc in next space, ch 5 †, shell over shell; repeat from * across, end at **; repeat from † to†; join.
- Round 4: Slip st in next 2 dc, beginning shell in same dc,* ch 3, skip next sc, sc in next sc, ch 3, shell over shell **,[ch 3, sc in next ch-3 space] twice, ch 3, shell over shell; repeat from * across, end at **; † ch 3, sc in next space, [ch 5, sc in next space] 4 times, ch 3 †, shell over shell; repeat from * across, end at **; repeat from † to †; join.
- Round 5: Slip st in next 2 dc; ch 2, holding back last loop on hook, 2 dc in same dc as last slip st, yo and through all 3 loops on hook –beginning cluster made; * ch 1; hold-ing back last loop on hook, 3 dc in 3rd dc of next shell, yo and through all 4 loops on hook –3-dc-cl-cluster made **; ch 4, [sc in next space, ch 3] twice, sc in next space, ch 4, 3-dc-cluster in next shell; repeat from * across, end at **; †ch 5, sc in next space, [ch 6, sc in next space] 5 times, ch5 †, 3-dc-cl in next shell; repeat from * across, end at **; re-peat from † to †; join to top of beginning cluster. Fasten off.
- Round 6: Attach B in the ch-1 space after the joining; ch 1,sc in ch-1 space, * 4 sc in next space, [3 sc in next space] twice, 4 sc in next space, sc in ch-1 space; repeat from *across; (3 sc, 2 hdc) all in next ch-5 space, 6 hdc in next space, 6 dc in next space, (dc, 2 tr, dtr, 2 tr, dc) all in next space, 6 dc in next space, 6 hdc in next space, (2 hdc,3 sc) all in next space **, sc in ch-1 space; repeat from *across, end at **; join to first sc. Fasten off.
- Round 7: Work all sts in Back Loops: Attach C in back loop of any sc along long edge; ch 3, * dc in next sc and in each sc across, 3 dc in first hdc along side, dc in next 16 sts, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) all in dtr, dc in next 16 sts, 3 dc in next hdc; repeat from * around; dc in each sc to beginning of round; join. Fasten off.
- Round 8: Attach B in the center dc of the 3-dc group after an end; ch 1, ** 3 sc in dc, * sc in next dc, tr in front loop ofthe st below the next dc, (skip dc behind tr) ***, sc in next dc; repeat from * across to next 3-dc group, end at ***; sc in next dc, 3 sc in next dc, † [sc in next dc, tr in front loop of st below next dc, sc in next dc] 6 times, sc in next dc, sc in ch-2 space, tr in front loop of dtr, sc in same ch-2 space,sc in next dc, [sc in next dc, tr in front loop of st below next dc, sc in next dc] 6 times †; repeat from ** to next 3-dc group, end at ***; repeat from † to † once more. Fasten off.
- Weave in ends. With right sides together slip st panels together through back loops from center sc of a 3-sc group along side edge to center sc of next 3-sc group of same long edge.
- Weave in ends.
More lacy mile-a-minute projects:
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Fast Irish Panels Throw
- Marvelous Mile a Minute Afghan Pattern
- World's Fastest Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Panels Mile A Minute
- Floral Petals Mile a Minute Afghan
- Mile-a-Minute Crochet: 13 Speedy Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 15 Mile A Minute and Stash-Busting Crochet Afghan Patterns
- Apple Mile a Minute Afghan and Pillow
- Cool Lime Corner to Corner Blanket
- Rainbow Mile a Minute Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Zen Yarn Garden
- Superfine Bulky Yarn Review
- 41 Crochet Graphghan Patterns + How to Read Crochet Charts
- 13 Crochet Bedspread Patterns
- 26 Honestly Beautiful Half Double Crochet Patterns
- 15 Crochet Blankets Using Two Skeins or Less
- 21 Crochet Basketweave Afghan Patterns
- 58 Crochet Afghan Patterns Using the Popcorn Stitch, Bobble Stitch, Puff Stitch, and Cluster Crochet Stitch
- Quick Corner to Corner Crochet Baby Blanket
- 28 Tunisian Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns