26 Free Afghan Crochet Patterns for Beginners
By: The Editors of AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
New to crochet? Check out these 26 Free Afghan Crochet Patterns for Beginners. Crocheting can be overwhelming at first. Ease your way into the world of afghans with our free crochet patterns just for you. With these simple tutorials, you can learn the basic stitches and practice your skills. Soon you will realize that you can make a variety of crochet patterns with very little expertise!
Not only do we have tutorials for afghans, but we also have ones for crochet granny squares. Crochet squares are great for beginners because they are small and usually very quick to make. With all the wonderful colors and patterns, one of these projects is sure to strike your fancy. From granny squares to afghans, this list will be your beginner's guide to the art of crochet.
26 Free Afghan Crochet Patterns for Beginners
Table of Contents
Crocheting for beginners doesn't have to be painful—as a matter of fact, it will be downright fun when you start out with these crochet blankets. Ranging from easy to beginner crochet patterns, all these crochet projects for beginners will be great practice while still producing a beautiful project. There's even a beginner's ripple blanket for you to test out a new style! These beginner crochet projects are perfect for those crochet newbies just starting out - so grab your hook and some yarn and give these a try!
- Unbelievably Easy Crochet Blanket - The name says it all. Make this easy crochet blanket pattern as your first project.
- Lilac & Sage Raised Rib Crochet Blanket - Who doesn't love a textured beginner-friendly project? Get back to basics with this free easy crochet pattern.
- Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket - This ultra-popular project will be a hit with everyone you know.
- Ridiculously Quick and Easy Crochet Afghan - This crochet blanket features simple stitches and a repeating pattern for a quick and cozy project.
- Spring into Summer Crochet Blanket Pattern - You can finish this simple, textured afghan in just a few days if you're looking for a weekend project.
- Rainbow Stripes Beginner Crochet Blanket - Loose, chunky stripes make this a unique rainbow interpretation - NEW!
- Beginner's Round Ripple - A crochet ripple pattern, for beginners? You better believe it!
Get a sneak peek of our free eBook: How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
Learn how to crochet granny squares and how to crochet a blanket from these super easy patterns. This collection will help you decide which crochet pattern to try first. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced crocheter, these patterns are fun for everyone. After trying these easy patterns, you'll be "hooked" on crochet for sure!
- Victorian V-Stitch Square - This light and lacy pattern is surprisingly easy to make!
- Basic Crochet Granny Square - Interested in making a granny square afghan? Start small with a simple granny square. Make a bunch for a fantastic afghan.
- Beginner's 2 Strand Afghan - Don't be ashamed to be a beginner. Start with this easy crochet pattern and learn how to perfect your stitches.
- Cottage Relaxation Granny Afghan - Kick back and relax, both when you're working on this granny square afghan and when you're using it. NEW!
- Basic Rectangle Granny - Sick of squares? Try a rectangle! This is a fast and fun pattern.
- Sherbet Square - Mmm, makes you think of ice cream, now, doesn't it? - New!
- Springtime Squares Crochet Afghan - Crocheting for beginners has never been easier than with this pastel crochet blanket. - NEW!
- Rainbow Shells Crochet Afghan - The crochet shell stitch makes this an exciting project for beginners and pros. - NEW!
Like what you see? More crocheting for beginners is here: 24 Easy Crochet Granny Square Patterns!
If you've ever wanted to try crochet, this is your chance. It's an amazing world of talent and creativity and these patterns are proof. It's the easiest way to ease yourself into crocheting with no stress. The Floral Petals Mile a Minute Afghan pattern is so much fun - you won't be able to put your hook down! The simpler the better - and that's just what the Classically Simple Shell pattern is all about.
- Floral Petals Mile a Minute Afghan - Mile a minute crochet blankets work up super fast, and this one is so easy!
- Classically Simple Shell - Keep it simple with this easy to crochet blanket. Take your time and make this the best afghan ever.
- Crochet One Skein Throw - It only takes one skein to create this fantastic free easy to crochet afghan pattern.
- Sunny Skies Crochet Afghan - You'll be soaring free in clear skies with this easy crochet afghan pattern. NEW!
- Easy Garden Chevron Afghan - Get into the gardening spirit with this lovely green and yellow afghan. NEW!
- Simple Diamond Border Afghan - This crochet blanket is classy and elegant. - NEW!
Crochet ripple blankets look a little tricky, but they're actually surprisingly easy! Because of their simple and repeating stitch pattern and their in-the-round construction, once you've gotten the hang of the pattern, you can just keep going until your afghan is complete. Stick with just one color to let the stitch do the work, like with the Water Ripples Crochet Afghan, or use multiple colors for a rainbow striped effect, like the Malibu Ripples Afghan.
- Stunning Popcorn Ripple Crochet Afghan - This all-white vintage beauty is a stunning example of the ripple crochet pattern - and it's so easy!
- Crochet V-Stitch Ripple Afghan - Shades of blue and green make this easy pattern flow.
- Cabin in the Woods Crochet Afghan - This easy crochet blanket has a rustic color palette for colder nights.
- Water Ripples Crochet Afghan - Soft ripples make this easy blanket a joy to crochet.
- Malibu Ripple Afghan - Bright and warm colors and a slight chevron look make this crochet ripple blanket pattern perfect for summer.
Calling all beginners! Check out our list of 23 Quick and Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns!
You might also like these:
- Citrus Stripes Crochet Afghan
- Quick and Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
- Block Stitch Crochet Granny Square
Tell Us: Who taught you how to crochet? Leave a comment and let us know!
Images from other crafters
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Green Granny Ripple Afghan
- Easy Everyday Crochet Blanket
- Cabin in the Woods Crochet Afghan
- White Chocolate Strawberry Double Shell Ripple
- Into the Woods Ripple Pattern
- 26 Free Afghan Crochet Patterns for Beginners
- Water Ripples Crochet Afghan
- Perfectly Purple Ripple Throw
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghan Patterns for Men and Boys eBook
- Stunning Popcorn Ripple Crochet Afghan
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Let it Snow: 17 Snowflake Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Teddy and Hearts Baby Blanket
- Video Tutorial: How to Crochet the Suzette Stitch
- How to Crochet the Side Saddle Stitch Video Tutorial
- Super Soft Layla Blanket
- Name This Snuggle Sack!
- 17 Royal Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Rainbow Mile a Minute Crochet Blanket Pattern
- How to Crochet Elephant Edging
- 69 Free Crochet Afghan Patterns for Autumn