We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Need to make a crochet afghan quick? Then the Unbelievably Easy Crochet Blanket is the pattern for you! This chunky crochet blanket pattern is so easy even a beginner can make it. Quick, easy, and chic, there's really nothing not to love about this blanket.
Once you're done, you're going to wonder why you didn't crochet this cuddle buddy sooner. Plus, it's the perfect pattern to make for a last minute gift. Waste no time and create a pattern you'll be able to use all winter long with this cozy crochet blanket.
If you want to see more crochet projects like this, then don't forget to sign up for the AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns newsletter, Laying It All Out.
Love these easy patterns? The video below will show you another INSANELY easy crochet afghan that you can whip up!
Crochet HookL/11 or 8 mm hook
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge7 sc and 8 rows = 4" [10 cm]
Finished SizeApprox 56" x 60" [142 x 152.5 cm]
- Bernat® Blanket™ (10.5 oz/300 g; 258 yds/234 m): Lilac Bush (10185) 4 balls
- Size U.S. L/11 (8 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
Crocheting can be overwhelming at first. Ease your way into the world of afghans with our free crochet patterns just for beginners:
25 Free Crochet Afghan Patterns for Beginners
1st row: (1 dc. Ch 1. 1 dc) in 5th ch from hook (counts as dc. Skip 2 ch). *Skip next 2 ch. (1 dc. Ch 1. 1 dc) in next ch. Rep from * to last 3 ch. Skip next 2 ch. 1 dc in last ch. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). *(1 dc. Ch 1. 1 dc) in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * to end of row. 1 dc in last dc. Turn.
Rep last row for pat until work from beg measures approx 60" [152.5 cm].
With RS facing, join yarn with sl st to bottom right corner. Ch 1. Work 104 sc evenly up side edge. Fasten off. Rep for other side.
A STORY FROM A BEGINNER CROCHETER
Crochet for beginners can be difficult learn, especially without an expert crocheter to teach you. Here is a story from one of our crochet fans:
My older sister taught me how to crochet, but she taught me incorrectly. I learned to hold the hook vertically rather than horizontally between my first three fingers. I'm still working on fixing my bad technique. So even though I know a lot of different stitches and I've completed a lot of projects, in this way, I'm still a beginner.
For me, crocheting is a way to relax and something to do with my hands when I'm binge watching a TV show. I love the texture of soft yarn in my hands and the feeling of satisfaction when I finish a hat or a scarf. The look on someone's face when you give them a handmade hat also feels pretty great. Even easy projects that are specifically crochet for beginners can turn out great like that hat.
When you first learn how to crochet, you're probably going to unravel your project a lot. And that's totally okay! Unraveling isn't a failure, it's just a second chance. Even experienced crocheters unravel their projects, so don't feel bad if you catch a mistake.
If you're just starting to learn, some easy crochet stitches to start with are single crochet, double crochet, and half double crochet.
Take advantage of crochet tutorial videos and don't be afraid to ask for help! There are tons of crochet for beginners videos out there, both on AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns and AllFreeCrochet.com!
When you were a beginner crocheter, what was your first complete project?
Tell us in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Super Cozy Crochet Puff Stitch Blanket
Nouveau Chic Crochet Granny Throw
Ridiculously Quick and Easy Crochet Afghan
Quick and Simple Afghan
Burnt Orange Larksfoot Throw
Surf's Up Crochet Throw
Lovely Shell Afghan
Arizona Sunset Crochet Blanket Pattern
Valentine's Day Color Pooling Throw
Comforting One-Color Crochet Throw
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How to Crochet the Seed Stitch
- Crochet Seed Stitch Tutorial
- 29 Crochet Shell Stitch Patterns
- Furls Crochet Jumbo Crochet Hooks
- 10 Different Crochet Stitches for Blankets
- Chic Sheep Yarn
- Crochet Throw-back Granny Chevron
- Adorable Nine Blocks Crochet Baby Blanket
- Nouveau Chic Crochet Granny Throw
- Groovy Flower Power Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions