- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Touch of Honey Ripple Crochet Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with the Touch of Honey Ripple Crochet Pattern. This crochet blanket pattern is a classic ripple that is both fun and easy to make! A warm, honey gold makes this free crochet pattern pop in any room. It's the perfect blanket to snuggle with in the fall. With the simplest of tutorials, you'll learn how to crochet this afghan in no time. This is truly one of the best easy crochet patterns out there.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Patons ® Canadiana (100 g/3.5 oz; 187 m/205 yds) - Contrast A (10012 Toasty Grey) 6 balls, Contrast B (10008 Aran) 6 balls, Contrast C (10610 Fool’s Gold) 6 balls
- Size 5 mm (U.S. H or 8) crochet hook or size needed to obtain tension
Size: 55in x 65 in (139.5 x 165 cm)
Gauge: 14 sc and 15 rows = 4 ins [10 cm]
Abbreviations: Dcfp = Yoh and draw up a loop around post of next st at front of work inserting hook from right to left. (Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice - 1 dcfp made.
Work 2 rows each with A, B, C. These 6 rows form Stripe Pat. With A, ch 250.
1st row: (RS). 4 dc in 4th ch from hook (counts as 5 dc). *(1 dc in next ch. Miss next ch) 8 times. 1 dc in next ch. 5 dc in each of next 2 ch. Rep from *, ending with 5 dc in last ch. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in back loop of first dc. Dcfp in each st to last turning ch 3. 1 sc in back loop at top of ch 3. Join B. Turn.
3rd row: With B, ch 3. 4 dc in first sc (counts as 5 dc). * (1 dc in next st. Miss next st) 8 times. 1 dc in next st. 5 dc in each of next 2 sts. Rep from *, ending with 5 dc in last st. Turn.
First 3 rows of Stripe Pat are completed.
Keeping cont of Stripe Pat, rep last 2 rows for pat until work from beg measures approx 65 ins [165 cm], ending with 2 rows of A. Fasten off.
Read NextGreen Granny Ripple Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Mar 02, 2019
This pattern should be rated as intermittent not easy. Instructions are confusing.
Nov 01, 2018
Sometimes these patterns are so confusing.i agree with Boylesk.
Nov 12, 2018
Hi there! Have you tried contacting customer support for Yarnspirations/Patons? They would certainly be your best bet for answering any specific process questions given that it's their pattern. And, as my fellow Editor suggested below, you could also post a question on our Facebook page to see if anyone has suggestions for you. I hope this helps! Thanks!
Feb 12, 2018
This Touch of Honey Ripple Crochet Pattern is so beautiful. This gray/aran/gold combination is perfect for this type of project. It will make an elegant piece on top of your living room sofa or a bed spread. Will make a great gift for mom or sister.
Sep 28, 2016
I have started this pattern 5 times and ripped it out. I am an experienced chrocheter but can't figure it out. It says there is a tutorial but I can't find it
AFC Editor Julia
Sep 29, 2016
Hi boylesk, I just double-checked this pattern against the Patons pattern on their website, and they're both written the same. What part of the pattern is giving you trouble? Maybe you can contact customer support for Yarnspirations/Patons or ask a question on our Facebook wall to see if anyone else has any insight? Thanks, hope that helps! Julia, editor for AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns
Jul 09, 2016
I like the tan/gray/white combination. This would also look great with a touch of black. Thanks for having the pattern in front for easy access to crocheters.
Feb 18, 2016
I have never had a problem downloading or printing any patterns from this website . Thanks for all the sharing of projects , I have made many and love them all .
Feb 09, 2016
Why will you not make it easy to print these patterns? Or to save them to my own computer in .pdf format? I may have to become a NON-member if you can't be more user-friendly.
Feb 11, 2016
If you hover over the group of icons at the top right, right above the bit of text before the pattern, you'll be able to access the print function. Hold your mouse over the blue "P" and then click on Print in the secondary menu that pops up. Hope that helps!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Crazy Ripple Blanket
You've never seen a ripple crochet afghan like this before! The Crazy Ripple Blanket is an easy spin on the typical ripple pattern. By… Continue reading: "Crazy Ripple Blanket"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions