We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
The beauty of this Neutral Ripple Afghan is that it will match any decor style no matter where you put it in your house. The soft creams and taupes of the yarns listed in the free crochet afghan pattern are soothing to the eye. The ripple effect of the stitching makes this crochet afghan interesting despite its understated color scheme. You could change up the colors if you want more of a statement piece, but we like the feeling of these neutral tones.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Yarn: Bernat® Satin (Solids: 100 g / 3.5 oz), MC: (Camel) 7 balls, Contrast A: (Sable) 4 balls OR (Ombres: 80 g / 2.8 oz), MC: 9 balls, A: 5 balls
- Crochet Hook: Size 5 mm (U.S. H or 8) or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 15 sc and 18½ rows = 4 ins 10 cm.
Measurements: Approx 40 x 44 ins 101.5 x 112 cm.
With A, ch 209.
1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each of next 8 ch. 3 sc in next ch. 1 sc in each of next 9 ch. *Miss next 2 ch. 1 sc in each of next 9 ch. 3 sc in next ch. 1 sc in each of next 9 ch. Rep from * to end of row. Turn.
2nd row: Working in back loops only: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. Miss next sc. 1 sc in each of next 8 sc. 3 sc in next sc. *1 sc in each of next 9 sc. Miss next 2 sc. 1 sc in each of next 9 sc. 3 sc in next sc. Rep from * to last 10 sts. 1 sc in each of next 8 sc. Miss next sc. 1 sc in last sc. Join MC. Turn.
3rd row: With MC, as 2nd row. Join A.
4th and 5th rows: With A, as 2nd row. Join MC.
6th row: With MC, as 2nd row.
7th row: Ch 3. Miss first sc. 1 dc in next sc. Miss next 2 sc. (1 dc. Ch 1. 1 dc) all in next sc – V-st made. Miss next 2 sc. V-st in next sc. Miss next sc. 1 dc in next sc. Ch 1. V-st in next sc. Ch 1. 1 dc in next sc. Miss next sc. (V-st in next sc. Miss next 2 sc) twice. *Yoh and draw up a loop in next sc. Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook.** Miss next 2 sc. Rep from * to ** once. Yoh and draw through all 3 loops on hook – Dec2tog over 4 sts made. (Miss next 2 sc. V-st in next sc) twice. Miss next sc. 1 dc in next sc. Ch 1. V-st in next sc. Ch 1. 1 dc in next sc. Miss next sc. (V-st in next sc. Miss next 2 sc) twice. Rep from * to last 2 sts. Dec2tog over last 2 sts. Turn.
8th row: Ch 3. 1 dc in next V-st. *V-st in next V-st. Miss next dc. V-st in next ch-1 sp. 1 dc in first dc of next V-st. Ch 1. V-st in ch-1 sp of same V-st. Ch 1. 1 dc in next dc of same V-st. V-st in next ch-1 sp. Miss next dc. V-st in next V-st. **Dec2tog over next 2 V-sts. Rep from * 9 times, then from * to ** once. Dec2tog over last V-st and turning ch 3. Turn.
9th row: As 8th row.
10th row: With A, working in back loops only: Ch 1. 1 sc in first st. Miss next dc. 1 sc in each of next 8 sts. 3 sc in next ch-1 sp. *1 sc in each of next 9 sts. Miss next st. 1 sc in each of next 9 sts. 3 sc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * to last 10 sts. 1 sc in each of next 8 sts. Miss next dc. 1 sc in last st. Join A. Turn.
11th row: With A, as 2nd row.
Rep 2nd to 11th rows until work from beg measures approx 44 ins [112 cm] ending with 11th row. Fasten off.
Make Tassel: Cut a piece of cardboard 4½ ins [11.5 cm] wide. Wind MC around cardboard 25 times. Break yarn leaving a long end and thread end through a needle. Slip needle through all loops and tie tightly. Remove cardboard and wind yarn tightly around loops ¾ inch [2 cm] below fold. Fasten securely. Cut through rem loops and trim ends evenly. Sew tassels to each point at both sides of Afghan.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Sun Room Afghan
Touch of Honey Ripple Crochet Pattern
The Wripple Crochet Blanket
Lazy Day Ripple Pattern
Country Fair Chevron Crochet Pattern
Perfectly Purple Ripple Throw
Easy Everyday Crochet Blanket
White Chocolate Strawberry Double Shell Ripple
Water Ripples Crochet Afghan
Bold and Beautiful Ripple
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Lava Fox C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- Chimp Lolo C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- "Panda Lee" C2C Square
- Lioness Lea C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- Bernat Super Value Yarn
- Wrap Me in Sunshine Blanket
- Get In Line Granny Afghan
- Centaur Mandala Afghan
- Blooming Lily of the Water Square
- Popcorn Flower Granny Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions