- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Crocheted Granny Lapghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Beginners will love this Crocheted Granny Lapghan. This simple crochet pattern is fun to make and, best of all, looks fantastic. The checkerboard stitch pattern used throughout gives this afghan an airy and almost lacy vibe that will look great in any room of the house. Plus, the different shades of blue yarn are incredibly soothing and will put your mind at ease.
This beginner crochet lapghan pattern is ideal if you want to become more comfortable with crocheting granny squares. The end result is truly a delight and will add a special cozy touch to your home in no time. Print out this pattern today and give it a try!
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeRnds 1-6 = 7¾” across. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Finished SizeLapghan measures approximately 39” square
- RED HEART® “Super Saver®”: 2 skeins each 313 Aran CA, 382 Country Blue CB and 380 Windsor Blue CC
- 5.5 mm [US I-9] crochet hook
With CB, ch 5; join with a sl st in 5th ch from hook to form a ring.
Rnd 1 (Right Side): Ch 3, 2 dc in ring, ch 3, [3 dc in ring, ch 3] 3 times; join with a sl st in top of ch 3.
Rnd 2: Sl st in next 2 dc and into ch-3 sp, ch 3, (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in same ch-3 sp, ch 1, * (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next ch-3 sp, ch 1; rep from * around; join to top of ch-3.
Rnd 3: With right side facing, attach CC in any corner ch-3 sp; ch 3, (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in same ch-3 sp, ch 1, * 3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1, (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next corner sp, ch 1; rep from * around; join.
Rnd 4: Sl st in next 2 dc and into ch-3 sp, ch 3, (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in same ch-3 sp, ch 1, * 3 dc in next ch 1 sp, ch 1; rep from * to next ch-3 corner sp **; (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next corner sp, ch 1; rep from * around, end at **; join. Rep Rnd 4 for pat and work 2 more rnds with CC. Fasten off.
***Next Rnd: With right side facing, attach CA in any corner ch-3 sp; ch 3, (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in same ch-3 sp, ch 1, * 3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1; rep from * to next ch-3 corner sp **; (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next corner sp, ch 1; rep from * around, end at **; join. Work 5 more rnds CA, then 4 rnds CB, 4 rnds CC. Rep from *** once more – 36 rnds.
Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Granny Square Blanket
Check out this helpful video tutorial to learn how to create the granny square blanket of your dreams.
Read NextBrown and Gray Lapghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Nov 20, 2017
How would I extend the pattern to make this lapghan larger so that it becomes an afghan?
Apr 27, 2021
You just keep going, adding rounds. I've made some with Fibonacci sequences changing colors each round (1,1,2,3,5,and 8). You could also use various cake yarns too. The possibilities are endless!
Feb 13, 2017
I do these all the time. I crochet. I have made so many that I have lost count. I make them for veterans, long term care facilities, and hospice patients. Sooooooo easy!!!!
Apr 21, 2016
This rug is really pretty I love it.
ozarkfarmgoats 932 8167
Jul 05, 2014
I've made several of these but did not use any pattern, just made a really big granny square. They are fun to make and the colors that work are endless. Pretty fast, super easy and lots of fun.
nickelstracy 22470 74
Feb 17, 2014
I love the pattern, colors are lovely. All I need is the yarn. <3
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Square Upon Square Throw
This stunning throw from Red Heart Yarns is perfect for using on a chilly afternoon or evening. Crochet granny squares with Red Heart… Continue reading: "Square Upon Square Throw"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions