The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
Make an Irish lace crochet afghan that will add elegance any room.
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
This Irish Lace crochet afghan is delicate and oh-so-soft. You'll have a great time making this lace crochet pattern. With an easy tutorial, you won't have any problems crocheting this gem. Free Irish lace patterns are a great way to add some delicate charm to your home.
Fluffy tassels give the throw an extra touch of coziness that will make it great to lounge with. Throw this lace crochet pattern over an armchair for a stylish look. Treat it with love, and it will love you back. This also makes a lovely gift since it's so versatile.
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge1 motif = 4 ins [10 cm] square.
Finished SizeApprox 56" x 64" [142 x 162 cm] excluding fringe
- Patons Canadiana (100 g/3.5 oz) or Patons Décor (100 g/3.5 oz) - 15 balls
- Size U.S. J/10 (6 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
If you like this design, then you are really going to love the ideas found in
Instructions for PANEL:
First Square: Ch 6. Join with sl st to first ch to form a ring.
1st rnd: Ch 2. (Yoh. Insert hook into ring. Yoh and draw up a loop. Yoh and draw through 2 loops) twice. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook - Dc2tog made. [Ch 3. (Yoh. Insert hook into ring. Yoh and draw up a loop. Yoh and draw through 2 loops) 3 times. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook - Dc3tog made] 7 times. Ch 3. Join with sl st to top of first dc2tog.
2nd rnd: Sl st to center of next ch-3 arch. Ch 1. 1 sc in same arch. (Ch 5. 1 sc in next arch) 7 times. Ch 2. 1 dc in first sc.
3rd rnd: *Ch 5. (Dc3tog. Ch 3. Dc3tog) in next arch.** Ch 5. 1 sc in next arch. Rep from * twice more, then from * to ** once. Ch 5. Join with sl st in top of dc at end of 2nd rnd.
Instructions for SECOND TO FIFTEENTH SQUARES:
1st and 2nd rnds: Work as given for First Square.
3rd rnd: (Join to previous Square). Ch 5. *(Dc3tog. Ch 1) in next arch. Insert hook from RS in center ch of corner of previous Square and sl st. (Ch 1. Dc3tog) in same arch.* **Ch 2. Insert hook from RS in center ch of ch-5 arch of previous Square and sl st. Ch 2.** 1 sc in next arch. Rep from ** to ** once more, then from * to * once more. 2 Squares joined. [Ch 5. 1 sc in next arch. Ch 5. (Dc3tog. Ch 3. Dc3tog) in next arch] twice. Ch 5. Join with sl st in top of dc at end of 2nd rnd.
Instructions for PANEL EDGING:
1st row: (RS). Join yarn with sl st to any corner ch-3 sp of Square at end of Panel. Ch 3. 2 dc in same ch-3 sp. *(5 dc in next ch-5 arch) twice. 2 dc in corner arch. 1 dc between Squares (over joining st). 2 dc in next corner arch. Rep from * ending with 3 dc in last corner ch-3 sp. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 3. 1 sc between dc groups of previous row. *Ch 5. 1 sc between 5 dc groups. Rep from * to last 3 dc group. Ch 3. 1 sc in top of ch 3. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 3. 2 dc in ch-3 arch. *5 dc in next ch-5 arch. Rep from * to last ch-3 arch. 3 dc in ch-3 arch. Turn.
4th row: Ch 3. Skip first 2 sts. *(1 dc. Ch 2. 1 dc) in next st. Skip next 3 sts. Rep from * to last 4 sts. (1 dc. Ch 2. 1 dc) in next st. Skip next 2 sts. 1 dc in last st. Turn.
5th row: Ch 2. 1 hdc in each st or ch to end of row. Fasten off. Work these 5 rows edging along other side of Panel.
Instructions for FINISHING:
Sew 7 panels tog, catching back loop only of each hdc along edges.
Instructions for FRINGE:
Cut 24" [61 cm] lengths of yarn. Taking 3 strands tog, knot into first and last st. Taking 6 strands tog, knot into fringe evenly across end of Afghan. For second row of knots, take 3 strands from every section and knot tog. Trim fringe evenly.
What makes a better gift than something crocheted with love? Find some of the best gift ideas in our downloadable collection, The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions free eBook
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Crochet Blanket Patterns: How to Make 14 Lightweight Summer Afghans
- Lacy Shades of Pink Shells Afghan
- Quick Shell and Lace Crochet Blanket
- Shell and Wrapped Stitches Blanket
- Butterfly Lace Crochet Afghan
- Pink Moscato Double Shell
- Simply Elegant Crochet Afghan
- Irish Lace
- Victorian Lace Afghan
- Bohemian Lace Afghan
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Raspberry Road Blanket
- Gumdrop Granny Square Pattern
- Vibrantly Vintage Crochet Edging Pattern
- Straight Granny Stitch Crochet Tutorial
- Single Shell Baby Ripple Afghan
- Happy Hexagons Baby Blanket Pattern
- Cozy Warm Crochet Cocoon
- Crochet Basics: Yarn Weights, Hook Sizes, and Crochet Tips
- Yarn Weights Chart [Infographic]
- Sweet Georgia Yarns Tough Love Sock Yarn