We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Trick or treat, warm my feet! The Trick or Treat Afghan is here and more adorable than you could have imagined! When it comes to simple crochet patterns, this one is the cutest for the Halloween season. It looks so sweet you'll want to eat it! With its warm colors and Halloween festivity, this candy corn blanket is sure to get you in the spirit of the season. Better yet, this crochet tutorial is easy enough for all levels of expertise.
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: 2 skeins each 324 Bright Yellow A, 254 Pumpkin B and 3950 Charcoal D, 1 skein 316 Soft White C
- Crochet hook: 6.5 mm (US K-10½)
- Yarn needle
Size: Throw measures 47” x 57” (119 x145 cm)
Gauge: Candy Corn = 6” [15 cm] in at widest point; 6” [15 cm] tall. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Abbreviations: A, B, C = Color A, B, C; ch = chain; cm = centimeters; dc = double crochet; mm = millimeters; sc = single crochet; st(s) = stitch(es); tog = together; yo = yarn over; [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified; * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated.
Special Abbreviations: dc2tog: [Yarn over, insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up loop, yarn over, draw through 2 loops] 2 times, yarn over, draw through all loops on hook
Candy Corn (Make 72) With A , ch 21.
Row 1 (Right Side): Dc in 4th ch from hook and each ch across – 19 sts.
Row 2: Ch 2, turn, dc in next dc (ch 2 and dc counts as beginning dc2tog here and throughout), dc in next 15 sts, dc2tog – 17 sts.
Row 3: Ch 2, turn, dc in next dc, dc in next 13 sts, dc2tog – 15 sts. Fasten off A.
Row 4: Turn, join B with slip st in first st, ch 2, dc in next st, dc in next 11 sts, dc2tog – 13 sts.
Row 5: Ch 2, turn, dc in next st, dc in next 9 sts, dc2tog – 11 sts.
Row 6: Ch 2, turn, dc in next st, dc in next 7 sts, dc2tog – 9 sts. Fasten off B.
Row 7: Turn, join C with slip st in first st, ch 2, dc in next st, dc in next 5 sts, dc2tog – 7 sts. Row 8: Ch 2, turn, dc in next st, dc in next 3 sts, dc2tog – 5 sts. Row 9: Ch 2, turn, dc in next st, dc in next st, dc2tog – 3 sts. Fasten off C.
With right side facing and working opposite edge of foundation ch, join D with slip st in first ch in right hand corner, ch 1, 3 sc in same ch, sc in next 17 chs, 3 sc in next ch, turn to work alongside edge, work 2 sc in edge of each of next 8 rows, sc in edge of Row 9, turn to work along last row, 3 sc in first st of Row 9, sc in second st of Row 9, 3 sc in last st of Row 9, turn to work along opposite side edge, sc in edge of Row 9, 2 sc in edge of each of next 8 rows, slip st in first sc to join – 17 sc along eachside, 1 st in short end and 3 sc in each of 4 corners. Fasten off D.
Assembly: With short end pointing down on first Candy Corn and opposite wide end pointing down on next Candy Corn, arrange 9 Candy Corns into a strip of 9, alternating direction and ending with short end of last Candy Corn pointing down. With D , whipstitch Candy Corn pieces together. Repeat to make 8 strips. Alternating direction of strips, sew 8 strips together.
Round 1: With right side facing, join D with slip st in center sc of corner 3-sc in upper right corner, ch 3, 2 dc in same st, *dc in next 4 sc, [dc in joining of 2 Candy Corns, dc in next 21 sc, dc in joining of 2 Candy Corns, dc in next 5 sc] 3 times, dc in joining of 2 Candy Corns, dc in next 21 sc, dc in joining of 2 Candy Corns, dc in next 4 sc, 3 dc in center sc of next corner, [dc in next 20 sc, dc in joining of 2 Candy Corns, dc in next 20 sc, dc2tog in last sc and first sc on next Candy Corn] 3 times, dc in next 20 sc, dc in joining of 2 Candy Corns, dc in next 20 sc,** 3 dc in next center sc, repeat from * to **, join with slip st to top of beginning ch 3. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Did these bright colors catch your eye? You'll love to learn How to Crochet an Afghan in Kaleidoscope Color! This is a granny square… Continue reading: "How to Crochet an Afghan in Kaleidoscope Color"
- Spooky Cute Crochet Throw
- Friendly Ghost Lovey Blanket
- Corner-to-Corner Halloween Blanket
- Spinning Spider Granny Square
- 18 Crochet Afghan Patterns for Halloween
- Wicked Halloweenie Crochet Pattern
- 13 Haunting Crochet Blanket and Granny Square Patterns for Halloween
- The Web We Weave Granny Square
- Spooky Crochet Skull Pattern
- Trick or Treat Afghan
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Ocean Paradise Crochet Throw Blanket
- C2c Winter Blanket
- Two Row Repeat Crochet Blanket With Chunky Yarn
- Christmas Blanket
- Holiday Snuggles Throw Blanket
- Christmas Sloth
- Super Chunky Striped Shay Afghan
- C2c Fall Vibes Square
- Christmas Reindeer
- Santa French Bulldog
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions