Quick Corner to Corner Crochet Baby Blanket
Learn how to make a corner to corner afghan that is easy, fun, and valuable!
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
You will be absolutely amazed by how fast you can work up this Quick Corner to Corner Crochet Baby Blanket! Corner to corner patterns are usually fast to make, but when you're on a time crunch for a baby shower, you'll be thankful for this pattern.
If it's for a boy, you'll want to keep the blue textured yarn, or if it's for a girl, go for a pink colored yarn. The baby that receives this crochet baby blanket will treasure it forever even if it took you no time to make it. This corner to corner crochet pattern is easy, fast, and perfect for baby.
PLUS! Watch this video tutorial below to learn how easy it can be to make a corner to corner blanket, and learn some great tips and tricks before you get started!
NotesPattern Note: Blanket is worked from corner to corner.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge13 sc and 15 rows = 4" [10 cm]
Finished SizeApprox 32" x 32"
- Bernat® Li'l Tots™ (100 g/3.5 oz; 173 m/190 yds): Cool Blue (#42730) - 4 balls
- Size 5 mm (U.S. H/8) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
Use your newfound technique to make a corner-to-corner afghan for a baby, child, or even adult with the C2C crochet afghan pattern: Striped Corner-to-Corner Crochet Afghan
1st row: (RS). 1 dc in 4th ch from hook (counts as ch-3 and dc). 1 dc in each of next 2 ch. Turn. 1 block.
2nd row: Ch 6. 1 dc in 4th ch from hook. 1 dc in each of next 2 ch – beg block made. Miss next 3 dc. (Sl st. Ch 3. 3 dc) in next ch-3 sp – block made. Turn. 2 blocks.
3rd row: Beg block. (Block) twice. Turn. 3 blocks.
4th row: Beg block. (Block) 3 times. Turn. 4 blocks.
5th row: Beg block. (Block) 4 times. Turn. 5 blocks.
Cont increasing 1 block each row, as established, until left side from beg measures 32" [81.5 cm].
Beg decreasing: Next row: Sl st in each of next 3 dc. Block in each ch-3 spto last ch-3 sp. Sl st in last ch-3 sp. Turn. Rep last row until 1 block rem.
What is Corner to Corner Crochet?
The term "corner to corner" is also referred to as C2C. This is a popular crochet technique that involves working up a crochet piece from one corner to the other corner. By following a C2C pattern, the crocheter can create something fast and without a lot of references back to the pattern.
You will find a lot of C2C baby blankets but this is also used for granny squares, placemats, and square or rectangle embellishments. These crochet patterns are usually simple to follow as you are mostly just increasing and decreasing as you go. Though it's most common to see C2C baby blanket sizes, this technique can be used for smaller or larger patterns as well.
Many corner to corner patterns involve stripes because those are easy to incorporate as you go. Some patterns even include more complex designs. Take a look at the bonus patterns below to see what sort of ideas there are for corner to corner crochet.
BONUS Corner to Corner Crochet Patterns
Looking for more corner to corner crochet ideas? Then take a look at the corner to corner afghan patterns below. This is only a small fraction of the kind of designs available in this crochet style but there's a lot of variety to choose from, as you can see.
- double crochet
- single crochet
- Sl st
- slip stitch
- right side
Find more easy crochet baby blanket patterns in our collection of 34 Free Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns for Boys & Girls
Restful Corner to Corner Crochet Throw
Do you find corner to corner blankets easy or hard to work up? Why?
Read NextPuddles Of Love Baby Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Make a granny square pattern that is truly fit for royalty. With a big crochet flower, The Royal Parlor Granny is elegant and pretty.… Continue reading: "The Royal Parlor Grannyvideocam"
- Quick C2C Baby Blanket
- Puddles Of Love Baby Blanket
- Double The Love Baby Blanket
- Irish Wave Crochet Baby Blanket
- Oceanic Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Beautiful Reversible Shell Baby Blanket
- Cluster Waves Crochet Blanket
- Unicorn Crochet Baby Blanket
- Blue Bretton Baby Blanket
- Sweet Cupcake Baby Blanket
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easiest Crochet Chunky Blanket Quick Christmas Gift Idea
- Family Crochet Throw Blanket Pattern
- Easy Crochet Christmas Blanket
- Easy To Make One Row Repeat Crochet Blanket
- Candy Kisses Blanket
- Cluster Stripes Variation Section
- How To Make A Crochet Slab Blanket
- Abimal Blanket
- Crochet Cat Applique With Starting Chains
- Corner To Corner Triple Crochet Baby Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions